The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath - Accommodation options: Woodland, Malrborough, and Solsbury Court

I have recently firmed my Bath offer and was going to choose accommodation, aiming to put woodland court as first preference followed by Marlborough and Solsbury Court.

However on checking the portal, the only option I can pick is 'Ensuite shower' at Woodland, Marlborough, and Solsbury Court (all one option) rather than what I expected from the Bath pricing website with Woodland Court being in a different section and also including a more expensive "Ensuite shower large" which is not available to select in the portal.

Is this normal? Rather than selecting Woodland Court as my first preference and Marlborough, Solsbury as my second do I just have to have them as all in one preference as the portal dictates?
Original post by zpddst
I have recently firmed my Bath offer and was going to choose accommodation, aiming to put woodland court as first preference followed by Marlborough and Solsbury Court.

However on checking the portal, the only option I can pick is 'Ensuite shower' at Woodland, Marlborough, and Solsbury Court (all one option) rather than what I expected from the Bath pricing website with Woodland Court being in a different section and also including a more expensive "Ensuite shower large" which is not available to select in the portal.

Is this normal? Rather than selecting Woodland Court as my first preference and Marlborough, Solsbury as my second do I just have to have them as all in one preference as the portal dictates?

Hi,

Thanks for your question regarding our accommodation, unfortunately due to the high volume of people applying to first year accommodation, no university is able to give everyone their first pick!

The preferences are sometimes grouped by accommodations which are similar/have similar facilities, with Woodland only being £4 more a week than Marlborough and Solsbury. This grouping makes sure that you have a wide variety of accommodations on your preference list, so that the accommodation office know what would suit you best. In the event of you not being able to have an en-suite room, which are highly oversubscribed, they can also then see what would be your next preference, instead of having no shared shower/toilet preferences on your list.

https://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-information/undergraduate-accommodation-prices/

The reason why they may be grouped separately on the pricing list, is so that there is accurate information about specific pricing for parents/students to consider when putting down preferences. I can see how this may be confusing and misleading, so I hope this helps!

I ended up being given my third choice - Eastwood - which I found super sociable, good sized rooms and I was able to save a lot of money which I put towards the house I am currently living in in Second Year!

Sophia (2nd Year Student)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Quick Reply

Latest