The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography Unit 1 and 2 May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by liabhimani
Are we even allowed to discuss this already?!?!?

nah, we just got bored and dont care about being banned and just want to talk about it and dont give the slightest damn about others :wink:

Lol yes we are as AQA is only UK based
Original post by liabhimani
Are we even allowed to discuss this already?!?!?

It was a 2pm exam and its now 5pm?
Reply 382
Original post by TheFliprunner
couldnt time manage so scribbled the last two sections a load of rubbish which didnt make sense, had 10 mins for the whole of food supply so mucked up that whole last question and wrote 2 lines for the 15 marker, also wasnt sure what to actually include in my answer about antartica so mucked that whole thing up, also lost a load of marks here and there, it was ALL time, i thought I had more, i sort of knew the q's but wrote a load of rubbish, aimed for a middle a and ending up with a d probably

WHAT WOULD BE REALLY HELPFUL if someone can remember the QUESTIONS OR THE MARKS each one was worth in population, rivers, cold environments and food supply, ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated as i could go on to work out how many marks i think ive lost, thansk in advance

Describe the way in which a river erodes it's bed and banks (3 marks)

Explain how rejuvenation occurs (3 marks)

Describe the formation of an incised meander (6 marks)

Explain the likely causes of flooding with reference to the figure (4 marks)

Explain the impacts of flooding on the people and the environment, on one area studied (15 marks)

I've missed one out, I can't remember what it was D: do you remember?

Cold Environments

Explain what is meant by permafrost (3 marks)

Describe the pattern of permafrost (4 marks)

Something on conservation and tourism, and then erosion features lol
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 383
Original post by funkscam
Describe the way in which a river erodes it's bed and banks (3 marks)

Describe the formation of an incised meander (6 marks)

Explain the impacts of flooding on the people and the environment, on one area studied (15 marks)

I've missed one out, I can't remember what it was D: do you remember?

Cold Environments

Explain what is meant by permafrost (3 marks)

Describe the pattern of permafrost (4 marks)

Something on conservation and tourism, and then erosion features lol

How does rejuvenation occur (3 makrs)

Also the meander was describe the form and explain how its formed (6 marks)
Reply 384
What were the population and health 15 mark questions?
Reply 385
Original post by A Wise Ninja
What was the rivers 15 marker? sat the paper an hour ago and i've forgotten already hahah!

With reference to one case study explain the impact of flooding on the people and the environment 8)
[QUOTE=A Wise Ninja;37737829

What did others put for the population 15 marker? thought that was tricky..

I basically put about dependency ratio, disability, and our case study, corfe castle, and whether it is a representation of an ageing population.
Reply 387
Original post by Axion
How does rejuvenation occur (3 makrs)

Also the meander was describe the form and explain how its formed (6 marks)

oh yeah sweet thanks man :smile: how do you think it went?
Reply 388
Okay so i was one of those stupid students that did the wrong question... haha
I did food supply question when i was supposed to do health. I realised half way through the question giving me 15 mins left to scribble it all out and finish the health question but not in great detail of course cause i only had 15 minutes.

My question is will my health answers still get marked because i did scribble out the stuff i did for food supply or can they be harsh and just look at the food supply question?

Its a worry because other than that the paper was ok
Reply 389
Original post by Jamie T
Okay so i was one of those stupid students that did the wrong question... haha
I did food supply question when i was supposed to do health. I realised half way through the question giving me 15 mins left to scribble it all out and finish the health question but not in great detail of course cause i only had 15 minutes.

My question is will my health answers still get marked because i did scribble out the stuff i did for food supply or can they be harsh and just look at the food supply question?

Its a worry because other than that the paper was ok

was it because of that chloropleth map on malnutrition? how fuarking confusing was that
Reply 390
that went well THANK GOD worried grade boundaries will be high cos it was pretty easy
Reply 391
Yeahh im quite worried that grade boundaries will be quite high aswell =/
Oh lol whoops kinda new to this!! Messed up the incised meanders and health wtf random questions muchhhhh
Reply 393
Original post by funkscam
oh yeah sweet thanks man :smile: how do you think it went?

v.well
Reply 394

If I wrote about a coastal flooding: Boxing day tsunami would I still get the marks?

p.s this was in rivers
Original post by MrDoctor

If I wrote about a coastal flooding: Boxing day tsunami would I still get the marks?

p.s this was in rivers

My friend did the exact same thing as you (as well as answer every single questions in the booklet). I'm not sure if you would get all the marks but I assume you'd be able to pick up a few.

Personally, I really liked that exam. The 15 marker on coasts was so nice as well.
Reply 396
Original post by e1usive
Yeah I mentioned it to cover me, then mentioned down cutting, rejuvination ect, I wreckon around 70s for an A

what is the whole exam out of ? is it 120 marks?
For the coasts 15 marker did you need to use case studies? I explained the formation of headlands and bays, arches and stumps but didnt put any case studies cos i didnt really know any!
Original post by smellycat123
For the coasts 15 marker did you need to use case studies? I explained the formation of headlands and bays, arches and stumps but didnt put any case studies cos i didnt really know any!

I used case studies but I never went further than naming them ie Blowhole - Portland Bill. Then saying how they were formed. I think you'll get away with it. Maybe drop 1 or 2 marks
Reply 399
whats the highest the grade boundaries have been in the past?? any predictions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending