The Student Room Group

Does he like me or not?

Poll

Do you think he likes me?

A few days ago I was interviewing for a job and after the interview I met him in the lounge, while they told me to wait for a second interview. He's fairly attractive and a year younger than me (I'm 20, he's 19), well the interviewer came out into the lounge and talked to me briefly. She asked me to give an example of when I had to convince someone of something, and I used an example of when I was arguing with my grandma about politics. After she left a couple minutes past, and the guy was like, "excuse me, but I couldn't help but overhear, did you just give her a political answer?"

And I so I told him "yes" and we talked briefly, not about politics or our views, and I told him that I was going to college for an English degree, he says he's going to start college in Autumn for political science. He seemed like a really nice and intelligent guy, and very ambitious. Well we only talked briefly then and he got called into the interviewers office and I got called away a few minutes later. It turns out that I got the job! They had me take a drug test and undergo a background check, as they do for all employs, then I got a phone call the next day and they told me I got the job!

Well unfortunately some jerk who shouldn't even be on the road crashed into my car and damaged it pretty bad, so my father drove me to my job orientation this morning and dropped me off. I was sort of hoping I would see him again and what do you know, when I walked in the door, there he was! He looked surprised to see me when I walked in, then quickly looked away. He was the only other person to get the job out of the 20 or so people who applied on that day.

After about 5 minutes, he looked at me and asked "Excuse me, Megan right?" And I was excited that he remembered my name, I said "yeah" and he was like "I remember you from a few days ago." Well then after about 5 more minutes, the fifteen of us that were undergoing orientation went to the lounge room and underwent training. I thought I caught him glancing at me a couple of times, but when I turned to look up he immediately looked the other way.

We talked off and on briefly over the next hour and a half, since we sat right next to each other. Then during break, everyone else went outside to smoke cigarettes, but him and I were the only ones who stayed inside (it was pouring down rain outside anyway). We talked during break, and he said to me "I noticed you had your passport out earlier, do you like to travel?" He must have noticed when I handed the woman who was training us my passport, as a form of identification. And I told him about my trip to Germany as part of German class in high school. He told me about how he went to Mexico last year and how he wants to see the world, saying he is saving money for a trip to the Philippines. I also told him about my previous jobs, such as how I worked at a daycare, and he told me about his family business and how this was his first job outside of the family business. After talking for about 10 minutes, we all went back inside the room and orientation continued for another two hours.

Most guys around here are scum, it's a nice area, but most of them just aren't very bright and would only want to get in my pants, and I wouldn't go out with them in a million years. But this guy just seemed different, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy who actually listened to me and he seemed like one of the smartest guys I've ever met, with a huge interest in politics, world affairs and just general knowledge that most people wouldn't know.

Well when orientation was over, we were walking out together and he offered to buy me a something from the vending machines, but I said "no," I would feel horrible taking his money like that. Well he said that he doesn't have a cell phone anymore and asked if he could use mine to call his dad for a ride. We both live fairly close to each other actually and could walk home together, but it was raining and I told him I was afraid I would get hit by a car, since we would have to cross the highway. He jokingly said, "well if it comes to that, I'll jump in front of the car for you" and laughed.

Well we talked for the next 15 minutes or so and I told him about how I'm on Facebook a lot, and he said that he isn't on that much, and he asked if he could add me. I told him he could, OF COURSE! Well it's been a couple hours since then and he still hasn't added me on Facebook, I'm not sure if he just hasn't gotten around to it or can't find me, or maybe he just isn't interested in me? Based on what I've told you, do you think he likes me?
i think you're over-analysing his actions.. it just seems platonic and friendly to me.
From the glances, yes. Plus he seems keen to talk to you. As for the Facebook, he gives me the impression he isn't too keen on it so that could be the reason he hasn't added you.
Reply 3
its been two hours and he did say he doesnt go on fb that much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending