The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Accelerated Maths, or as it's more commonly known, Further Maths, is basically the same modules a Maths A-level student (like me) would sit. It's not an easy subject, and you'll have to literally rocket through all the content, which will require substantial work outside of lessons.

I'm not trying to discourage you, just saying you should be aware what you're letting yourself in for. If you're good at maths though, and have enough time, you should do fine.
Reply 2
dez, further maths is a different thing. shame on you for posting misinformation.

uh, yeah, i imagine you could say i do 'accelerated maths'. it's fine, but i'm in lower sixth, so don't, theoretically, have as much other work to do, and I've also been constantly doing maths. you'll have done no maths for at least a year right? will you be okay with this?
Reply 3
Doing Maths A-level in a year after being away from maths for a year will be difficult, but it should be possible if you revise your GCSE work over the summer to get back up to speed. The best way of doing this is doing questions, particularly from higher-level topics, but its mainly your algebra that you need to be confident with to succeed. It'll be a lot of work, but it should be possible.

Latest