The Student Room Group

AS further maths

So I took A level maths, further maths, physics and chemistry but I dropped further maths because at the time I didn't feel like continuing it. But now I'm kinda starting to regret it. I'm very dedicated to maths so I was thinking of taking AS level instead. Would this be good because I'm thinking or pursuing maths or physics in the future.
Original post by JMachunda16
So I took A level maths, further maths, physics and chemistry but I dropped further maths because at the time I didn't feel like continuing it. But now I'm kinda starting to regret it. I'm very dedicated to maths so I was thinking of taking AS level instead. Would this be good because I'm thinking or pursuing maths or physics in the future.

"Didn't feel like continuing it" is a bit of a strange excuse for dropping Further Maths, but I would definitely take AS level at least if I were pursuing Maths or Physics in the future. Many uni Physics courses will require Maths and recommend Further Maths, and Maths courses may require both, though more likely to recommend Further Maths. However, I would try and get back to doing the full A-level as I'm unsure how well unis take AS levels now. (My school doesn't offer AS because of this so I'm more uninformed about them.)
g
Original post by elemenohpee
"Didn't feel like continuing it" is a bit of a strange excuse for dropping Further Maths, but I would definitely take AS level at least if I were pursuing Maths or Physics in the future. Many uni Physics courses will require Maths and recommend Further Maths, and Maths courses may require both, though more likely to recommend Further Maths. However, I would try and get back to doing the full A-level as I'm unsure how well unis take AS levels now. (My school doesn't offer AS because of this so I'm more uninformed about them.)

Hello, I know it's been a long time but I am now considering taking as further maths and I am feeling much better that I didn't take a level further maths (I would have been doing 4 full a levels: Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Further Maths) as I am also considering other career and university options. Oh and the much better reasons I dropped a level further maths is because of the workload that wouldn't be worth it,I didn't really like the idea of doing 4 a levels (even though I really enjoy maths, I really enjoy chemistry and physics too) and I knew my grades would drop as I am aiming for all A*s. I think as level further maths would be a better suit for me and I am prepared to do it too, but thanks for the suggestion.
(edited 4 days ago)

Quick Reply

Latest