The Student Room Group

Runescape

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jammy Duel
Two more mage levels, get yourself a staff of light (145k) work on getting your defence up a bit. Train slayer, slow and boring at the start but easy cash later on. GET QUESTING! Train melee and to a lesser extent range up on slayer.
Perhaps better would be to, although perhaps a bit slower, train dungeoneering with melee (get a strength level and then use a maul since you'd be able to use lvl 40 weapon instead of 30) to get melee stats up a bit, also quite a few of the dung rewards are handy, bonecrusher will help slowly get prayer up, herbicide same for herblore and charming imp will make collecting charms for summoning that little bit less effort. Cabbage facepunch bonanza (basically bulldog) for a seedicide, same as bonecrusher and herbicide but for seeds, slowly get that farming up, but for getting started again quests are your friend, easy xp, some nice rewards, particularly late on, and some cash.

Sounds like a great plan and yeah dungeoneering and slayer are very very slow to begin with.. I think I started slayer but I got annoyed with my first task..
Original post by crosstalk
Log out and solve some difficult maths problems by performing complex calculations using only paper, pen, abacus and a slide rule.

:spank:

:huff: don't get me started on Maths.. I've devoted the entire weekend to calculus :sad:
Original post by Binary Freak
Sounds like a great plan and yeah dungeoneering and slayer are very very slow to begin with.. I think I started slayer but I got annoyed with my first task..

:huff: don't get me started on Maths.. I've devoted the entire weekend to calculus :sad:

Any advances in that area?
Any advances in that area?

Just a few.. Recently finished the coursework for it and it was an absolute nightmare.. But that's only because we had 6 hours of lessons to learn the equivalent of FP3 and FP4 :emo:
Just a few.. Recently finished the coursework for it and it was an absolute nightmare.. But that's only because we had 6 hours of lessons to learn the equivalent of FP3 and FP4 :emo:

Should had chosen an easier course. :tongue:

Personally I would probably go for the latter, they're only little bits of xp but they do rapidly add up. You will need another herb level for the herbicide though. I'm not sure how much prayer xp I've gained (and I cba with dragon bones so they get crushed too), but it won't be a great deal compared to my total prayer xp, but with just 60 you could easily get a few levels if you were to push slayer to 99 and that is just doing the low level bones. Same goes for the herbicide, not much xp (much less than the bonecrusher), and even though you will only be able to do a few herbs to begin with (the 4 you will be able to do are never worth picking up anyway) you get double xp from it and you don't need much to level up that low anyway. After the first 4 herbs though it's really up to you, you need to decide whether you're going to want to collect the herbs or not. I think I need to reconfigure mine because I've not touched the settings for a long time and some of the herb proices have cahnged.
Seedicide also becomes quite useful for Jadinko hunting (when you have all the seeds you need) and for pickpocketing [master] farmers, although no xp is gained there.
Gold accumulator is a bit of a harder one for determining worth though
(edited 9 years ago)
Should had chosen an easier course. :tongue:

Never. I like Maths it's just how quickly they rushed it.. Since before that I only ever done small parts of C1 and GCSE Maths
Personally I would probably go for the latter, they're only little bits of xp but they do rapidly add up. You will need another herb level for the herbicide though. I'm not sure how much prayer xp I've gained (and I cba with dragon bones so they get crushed too), but it won't be a great deal compared to my total prayer xp, but with just 60 you could easily get a few levels if you were to push slayer to 99 and that is just doing the low level bones. Same goes for the herbicide, not much xp (much less than the bonecrusher), and even though you will only be able to do a few herbs to begin with (the 4 you will be able to do are never worth picking up anyway) you get double xp from it and you don't need much to level up that low anyway. After the first 4 herbs though it's really up to you, you need to decide whether you're going to want to collect the herbs or not. I think I need to reconfigure mine because I've not touched the settings for a long time and some of the herb proices have cahnged.
Seedicide also becomes quite useful for Jadinko hunting (when you have all the seeds you need) and for pickpocketing [master] farmers, although no xp is gained there.

Shouldn't be too hard.. If I do get back into it then once I'm done with Professional Development (module) I will spend those hours getting the gold back that I need.. Probably about 20-50m.. Which won't take long..

Thanks for the advice :biggrin:
Never. I like Maths it's just how quickly they rushed it.. Since before that I only ever done small parts of C1 and GCSE Maths

Shouldn't be too hard.. If I do get back into it then once I'm done with Professional Development (module) I will spend those hours getting the gold back that I need.. Probably about 20-50m.. Which won't take long..

Thanks for the advice :biggrin:

Tenner IRL would get you most of that :tongue:
The way I see it is that with those stats you only really need a few hundred k, after that things should remain fairly sustainable until you're looking at the big things like overloads, although I'm not even sure what that costs these days. okay, looking at it you're still looking at 200m+ sort of price for a decent suply of ovls. Prayer is dirt cheap now though
Tenner IRL would get you most of that :tongue:
The way I see it is that with those stats you only really need a few hundred k, after that things should remain fairly sustainable until you're looking at the big things like overloads, although I'm not even sure what that costs these days. okay, looking at it you're still looking at 200m+ sort of price for a decent suply of ovls. Prayer is dirt cheap now though

I thought they cut down on buying gold? Or don't they care? Know anywhere? :wink:

I remember the days when prayer was pretty expensive
I thought they cut down on buying gold? Or don't they care? Know anywhere? :wink:

I remember the days when prayer was pretty expensive

From Jagex :tongue:
Now it can be done afk for about 10gp/xp and not quite so afk for about 8-9
From Jagex :tongue:
Now it can be done afk for about 10gp/xp and not quite so afk for about 8-9

:lolwut:

So they gave into RWT?
Reply 2330
That's how we done it.. People on RS are gullible. Torva is some expensive gear so I really don't blame you (Assuming you used melee)

Did you ever play CW? I stopped playing as well.. Found a newcomer that had a GTA: VC redeem code for Steam.. I told him he could have my bank for it.. Haven't touched the game since.. If I did I'd start fresh.. Having nothing is/was always better than having it all..

People on RS are very gullible. That's why luring was so profitable before the onslaught of videos on youtube showcasing most of the viable luring techniques. It's also why the "dice game" was so popular, even though the odds are clearly in favour of the host. It was so ubiquitous that they have to remove the dice bag from the game completely.

I've risked both virtus and torva before though never both at once. Not because I couldn't afford it but because vesta gave a slightly higher strength bonus than torva and I needed all the DPS I could get to KO rushers.

I did play Clan Wars from time to time. Learned how to hybrid there in fact (at least until I was comfortable enough to try it out in the wilderness).

Meh.. The T90 seems like it would be ideal for cheap PKin.. Well if I had the gold for it

If I have nothing going on after I'm done with my module at uni then I might play RS during that time.. I would be starting fresh which might seem annoying but definitely is fun.. I wish they never went too crazy with GE since it was fun making everything.. Made it challenging and long:cool:

The problem with T90 gear is that you can degrade it to around 10% charge before pking with it, leaving the other player with a marginal amount of profit should they kill you for it.

I personally wouldn't bother but it's ultimately down to you. Sure, the PvE aspect of the game is better but the PvP certainly isn't and you're constantly bombarded with micro-transaction offers. How do I know? I played the EOC for a short time last year and it was bad then. Now I hear it's worse.
Reply 2331

So they gave into RWT?

You know what's worse than buy-able prayer xp?

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Exon

Spoiler

So they succumbed to it then.. :rofl:

So they gave into RWT?

Not exactly, they took control of the market

Wow, bonds was all the way back in 2013, but after a week of release Jagex claimed to have reduced wealth injected into the game by gold farmers by 81%, decereased the quantity of illicit RWTs by 61% and the value of which decreased 63%. Also seeing over 3.5k bonds gifted to players, over 10k new members via bonds, over 800 years of membership redeemed, over 3m runecoins redeemed, over 13b leaving the game via the re-trade "tax" and almost 10% of Runefest 2013 tickets bought with bonds (and I think the figures for last year were even higher for runefest with bonds)
Original post by Exon

Spoiler

7?!
More like 10.
Reply 2335
7?!
More like 10.

10?! There's probably a major promotion going on then.
Not exactly, they took control of the market

Wow, bonds was all the way back in 2013, but after a week of release Jagex claimed to have reduced wealth injected into the game by gold farmers by 81%, decereased the quantity of illicit RWTs by 61% and the value of which decreased 63%. Also seeing over 3.5k bonds gifted to players, over 10k new members via bonds, over 800 years of membership redeemed, over 3m runecoins redeemed, over 13b leaving the game via the re-trade "tax" and almost 10% of Runefest 2013 tickets bought with bonds (and I think the figures for last year were even higher for runefest with bonds)

Maybe I'll just get 10-20 bonds then and smash 99 prayer and magic :smug: (Spend the rest on what is necessary) - Prayer cape and magic cape has always been amazing :daydreaming:
Original post by Exon
10?! There's probably a major promotion going on then.

Well, the price of bonds went up pushing the price up a bit, and then the fury shark promo pushed it up even further
Maybe I'll just get 10-20 bonds then and smash 99 prayer and magic :smug: (Spend the rest on what is necessary) - Prayer cape and magic cape has always been amazing :daydreaming:

Magic costs very little now, the best way is in excess of 500kxp per hour, good charms, and makes about 3m/h average.
Magic costs very little now, the best way is in excess of 500kxp per hour, good charms, and makes about 3m/h average.

Lol.. Definitely OP.. Do member bonds work on '07?

Quick Reply

Latest