The Student Room Group

Runescape

Scroll to see replies

I remember seeing this ^ I laughed so much
This happened 3 years ago today.. it was an amazing occasion meaning I could graduate to double natures :'(

They were all here for mee haha <3
Haha my account had 99 herblore, 99 magic ,99 firemaking, 99 fletching and 99 woodcutting with like 2000 or something total level.
What's runescape like now?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by Jamiesonn
What's runescape like now?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Different, personally i still enjoy it, as someone who hate constant grinding being able to do fewer clicks as and pay less attention really appeals to me. The graphics are WAY better and places such as Taverly which have been fully updated look awesome. A lot of people have left so often you have to find new communities ( or go it alone like myself). Also if you quit in teh last two eyars there will be tremendous amount you'll have to re-learn ( Chaotics, overloads, turmoil, jadinko lair, super prayers) as well as new ways of training certain skills.
To explain how awesome it is i'm fire making getting 160kxp/hr while typing this on TSR for only 44kgp/hr loss. :biggrin: love not having to constantly click.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by KingGoonIan
The game was originally designed for adults.

Agreed but i would say the age range is really for 14+
Reply 386
I wasted so much of my time on RuneScape lol, I would play again if Jagex make some changes.
Original post by Rainingshame
Different, personally i still enjoy it, as someone who hate constant grinding being able to do fewer clicks as and pay less attention really appeals to me. The graphics are WAY better and places such as Taverly which have been fully updated look awesome. A lot of people have left so often you have to find new communities ( or go it alone like myself). Also if you quit in teh last two eyars there will be tremendous amount you'll have to re-learn ( Chaotics, overloads, turmoil, jadinko lair, super prayers) as well as new ways of training certain skills.
To explain how awesome it is i'm fire making getting 160kxp/hr while typing this on TSR for only 44kgp/hr loss. :biggrin: love not having to constantly click.

Wow may have to go back on it to try it out. If only it was like the old days
Original post by Wild Horses
Agreed but i would say the age range is really for 14+

True Runescape does appeal to many children between the ages of 12-16 but there is a large adult community in Runescape and I think a lot of content is aimed at 18+ players judging by some of the Quest story lines that can be quite funny :smile: The clan that I chat in when I play has 40+ members who are all over 18 (many are in their middle ages) and there are many other clans that are similar.
Original post by KingGoonIan
True Runescape does appeal to many children between the ages of 12-16 but there is a large adult community in Runescape and I think a lot of content is aimed at 18+ players judging by some of the Quest story lines that can be quite funny :smile: The clan that I chat in when I play has 40+ members who are all over 18 (many are in their middle ages) and there are many other clans that are similar.

true stories :smile: ...whats you're level on rs and what clan are you're in?

I'm wild horses(136) but retired now aka quit after many years of playing and being -9bil cleaned last november.

You can watch some of my vidoes on youtube lol.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdDgKKLv93U[/video]
http://nichm.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/runescape_great_war.png

used to play when it was like this

i was there when the first paid version came out good times

sold 3 party hats on ebay for about £400 :biggrin:

3d version got crap :/
Original post by Electronica

I'd own you in PvP.

you sure would, bet he's one of them noobs that got perm ban for being too nooby.
Original post by Wild Horses
you sure would, bet he's one of them noobs that got perm ban for being too nooby.

Nah, he gave up because he could never find a yellow bead to complete his quest list, so he committed online suicide in the cow fields.
Wel and truly addicted, again 3d version is shayiihhhtttttt
Nah, he gave up because he could never find a yellow bead to complete his quest list, so he committed online suicide in the cow fields.

loool:hahaha: , damn, won't let me rep you again :mad:
I played it for a good 5 years during my childhood - on and off, with the worst of times being 8+ hours per day during the holidays. Back then I just saw so much scope for things to do on the game.

More recently I've found it hard to get back into it - I had a good account (over lvl 100 with around 100mil) but nothing excites me about the game any more. I don't know if its to do with the way they changed the game (appearance or format) or if it's just because I've grown up a bit I guess?

I could also say it may be because I kind of plateued - my character reached a certain high level, with multiple skills at level 99, so playing was either boring grinding, or boring money making. I never really got into the new skills like hunting and summoning because they seemed to confuse me to much, say compared to Woodcutting.

Regardless I can't ever see myself selling my account. Despite the fact that I think this would be the only way to make the game interesting again.
Reply 396
So, are any of you going to be playing 2006scape?
Original post by Pheylan
So, are any of you going to be playing 2006scape?

surely, why not? it looks like it will bring back some old fun times of when rs was peak back then. lol

You should probably get that checked out...

he certainly should get it checked out., surely is looking for more warning points aswell.
(edited 11 years ago)
hey whose a member atm and is active on the game?
Original post by Glow Cream
hey whose a member atm and is active on the game?

Depends why you're asking :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest