The Student Room Group

Runescape

Scroll to see replies

8 days to go until EOC...

End Of Childhood :frown: :frown: :frown:

RIP Runescape 1999-2012. You were getting sick in 2007 and you're about to finally die...

Anyone who denies that the game's best days are long gone is quite frankly, an idiot. The searches for Runescape on google over the past 7 years, and the fact that the Gower brothers sold the game they created in 2010 - those things tell you all you need to know.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm going to really miss point-and-click :sad:

I played RS more for the social side than the actual game, made so many friends on there. Point and click suited it perfectly :sad:. Was the perfect game to chill out too - now it'll be too busy and complex :sad: won't be Runescape anymore.
I'm playing on Runescape right now, it's far too addicting :eek:
Original post by rachel_allan
I'm playing on Runescape right now, it's far too addicting :eek:

Same here. But make the most of it while it lasts - in 8 days time Runescape, my most played game ever and the thing I feel more nostalgic about than anything, will finally die :frown:
Reply 784
Original post by neillya1
I'm going to really miss point-and-click :sad:

I played RS more for the social side than the actual game, made so many friends on there. Point and click suited it perfectly :sad:. Was the perfect game to chill out too - now it'll be too busy and complex :sad: won't be Runescape anymore.

Haven't played EoC recently, but didn't they introduce 'momentum' or something, which makes it possible to point and click still? The only real time when you'll need to use the skills is in PvP, bosses and strong monsters, which are all times when you shouldn't really be not paying attention.
I always think about my old runescape friends and how I'll never see them again :frown:
Reply 786
I have a maxed turm pure, quiting on 20th due to the EoC update tho. (MORE TIME TO FOCUS ON MY AS LEVELS!) :biggrin:
After 2 years, finally a new video from Tehnoobshow!

Reply 788
thinking of buying another RS account, just to make Gp and sell for irl, but not sure because of this EoC
good times! damn it 5 years ago I played this till i got hacked :frown:
Reply 790
Just about to log on and train my fishing :wink:
Bored, I might start playing again :tongue:

If anyone wants to add me my in game name is iDaft :h:
i dislike the EOC update
Reply 793
This game was so addictive and pretty much ruined my life. I would literally get up early in the morning before school to play it, when sat in class all I could think about was runescape and what I'd do when I got home. Gradually my academia, sports and social life went down the drain, which really sucks now that I look back on it.

My favourite memories from the game
-Getting 94 magic and blowing millions on runes to own people with ice barrage in castle wars
-Countless barrow trips and world bosses
-Clan wars!! Before they changed the wilderness
-All the community events were awesome oh and also when someone glitched the game, that was always entertaining
-Completing dragon slayer the second time after underestimating the dragons fire breath (I didn't bring the Anti-fire shield)
-I really enjoyed F2P pking also, mainly because it seemed more balanced and it was cheap if you died
-That feeling of status when people look up to you because you have a unique item 'OMG, where did you get that from?!?!'

I started in runescape classic so when they updated the graphics that was pretty damn awesome! Overall I don't regret playing runescape, I regret how much time I put into it. I do wonder where I'd be without that game though as I quit playing football despite being in an academy.
Original post by jokesforyou
Snip

I could never scam someone.. I once did it for 5m and it ate me up inside so I found him and give it back to him :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Quit now but have a level 138 lying around with 300-400m bank lol.
And several other accounts but they are nubs compared to the 138.
Original post by zaliack
Haven't played EoC recently, but didn't they introduce 'momentum' or something, which makes it possible to point and click still? The only real time when you'll need to use the skills is in PvP, bosses and strong monsters, which are all times when you shouldn't really be not paying attention.

They did but it still hits significantly lower than using abilities properly.
Original post by Blazinq
thinking of buying another RS account, just to make Gp and sell for irl, but not sure because of this EoC

Not very efficient way of making irl money.
Reply 798
Original post by Miracle Day
I could never scam someone.. I once did it for 5m and it ate me up inside so I found him and give it back to him :colondollar:

I scammed a yellow party hat when they were around 200M :tongue:
Reply 799
Now I'm older and more mature than I once was, I would certainly not do it over again. That game is a mind trap for young adolescents who have no idea what impact spending 5+ hours everyday will cause in the long run. I completely ignored all this advice about not spending too long on games when i was a teenager and assumed it would be easy to quit, and life would go on as normal when the time comes.
Anyway, I always shared an account with my brother. We managed to rack up about 270 days played in the end on our main account and probably about 30-40 days played on others. I did play a bit more than him. One day, I was daydreaming completely ignoring what was happening, followed a guy into the wilderness whilst carrying ~1.6Billion golds worth of items in march 2010 along the trolleim route. Climbed over the wildy wall -> dead. Took me a moment to realise that what'd just happened was real ;p The worst part was having to tell my brother...
Anyway next day I realised it was a good thing and felt like i had been freed, because i knew there was no way i was going back to the game after that. I went and emptied every single item from my bank to make sure i'd quit for good, and it has worked so far. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest