The Student Room Group

Runescape

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luhar
What's your username? Mine is Nightgazing.

Colinee
Reply 1181
Waiting for F2P Old School servers here :biggrin:!
Reply 1182
Do glad I quit this game, was like a drug played easily 6 hrs a day from 10 to 17, was good back in the day when I was young, f2p clan wars and range 2hing, I even got 117 dungoneering legit which shows just how addicted I was. On my 7th account I had 400 days when I quit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1183
Original post by VK96

If you mean OldSchool servers for free, then they aren't coming. Servers are coming out that only allow to do F2P stuff althogh you still need a members account to log into them.
Reply 1184
Original post by Nabbles
If you mean OldSchool servers for free, then they aren't coming. Servers are coming out that only allow to do F2P stuff althogh you still need a members account to log into them.

Aw man, I thought it was free servers as well haha :P Oh well. :smile:
Double hilt drop at armadyl, screamed like a girl.
Crazy bored this weekend, thinking f giving it another go. Just wondering though, why all the hate for EOC? It doesn't look too bad to me. I got bored of the click and wait 'combo' of old :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1187
Original post by Black Cat
Colinee

I've decided to quit again actually, I was hunting for money but too many bots were on and had to keep hopping to find a free world. Realised I don't want to go though all this again, I got 99 on the main game.
Original post by VK96

same. I don't want to pay for membership or play more than a couple of hours a week. I played f2p up to 80 combat. I was really shocked when I saw the xp you could get from waterfall quest, they missed out on killing cows giant rats and goblins. :frown:
Original post by Luhar
I've decided to quit again actually, I was hunting for money but too many bots were on and had to keep hopping to find a free world. Realised I don't want to go though all this again, I got 99 on the main game.

Aw what a shame was hoping to see you online but I can see where you're coming from. Bots really do ruin the game for others.
I got an e-mail from Jagex a couple days ago promising me a month's membership just for filling out on a survey.

Here's a screenshot of the e-mail if you guys were interested

I'm an inactive, yet nonetheless longtime (10+ years) player and think that this was a very nice gesture on their behalf. I understand they're probably just trying to bring me back to the game, and I can't blame them for that, but never would have I imagined that they would offer free membership... even for just a month. Seems like just yesterday I was clandestinely slipping $20 in an envelope to send to Jagex for a 3-month Runescape membership, taken from money I earned by delivering newspapers in my American suburb. :moon:

Holy ****ing **** balls Batman, such nostalgia.
Reply 1191
Original post by Sockhead
Crazy bored this weekend, thinking f giving it another go. Just wondering though, why all the hate for EOC? It doesn't look too bad to me. I got bored of the click and wait 'combo' of old :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately most of the people who really hate EOC haven't actually given it a fair try and just dismissed it because it's different from how the game used to be. Personally I like it more, but I know a lot of 'veteran' players just resented it on release because it was something new.
Original post by Imog
Unfortunately most of the people who really hate EOC haven't actually given it a fair try and just dismissed it because it's different from how the game used to be. Personally I like it more, but I know a lot of 'veteran' players just resented it on release because it was something new.

I see that, due to dire boredom I took the plunge last week and bought a membership to see how things have changed - hardly anyone plays anymore! It's quite sad as I walk around actually
I've also realised it hasn't helped with my boredom :P
Original post by I Kant Spall
I got an e-mail from Jagex a couple days ago promising me a month's membership just for filling out on a survey.

I spent about 2 hours filling out the survey. Not sure to what extent they'll do this, but I liked the thought that Jagex might actually read and take account of my comments. ^.^

...especially the ones in capital letters conveying my strong dislike of the Squeal of Fortune.
Ah, love runescape.
I quit when the girls in my high school started to play it.
Honestly, I wouldnt do it over again... It has taken and is taking up too much of my time. I'm at the point where i'm not even enjoying it anymore, I just stand around doing literally nothing.

Best moment, I guess would have to be getting my first 99 back in 07... That untrimmed fletching aww yeah! haha.

If anybody here does still play, feel free to PM me and I'll add you on Runescape :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Mannnnnn, this game. It ruined my grades :L when I started secondary school, I'd stay up late playing this and would go into school all tired and stuff, fall asleep in class and not get any work done haha. I could be doing really well in my GCSEs if I'd never had known about this game but unfortunately I can't seem to just *quit* it. Like the person above me said, I literally log in and stand around doing nothing until I'm asked to go dging or ba'ing or something. :frown:

Which version of RS do you guys that still play prefer? 07 or EoC? :biggrin:

Edit! I decided to cancel my monthly membership right after writing this post, lol. It started from 26/08/2010, I feel like a strong bond between me and RS has just broken :'c..
(edited 11 years ago)
I would never do it again purely because i played SO much of it. It DIED when pking in the wilderness on all servers was abolished and since then its been 4-5 years since i played Run escape D: However just managed to Quit Minecraft and SA-MP which are quite addictive i spent around 10 hours a day in holiday and 5 in school days D: Best moment was a total KO on another clan when i was level 50 with 70 strength and we totally ripped them apart 21 deaths to 4 and the rest ran away and we split the loot go around 2-3m worth of stuff that day :biggrin:. Worst moment was failing to use that multiplying money trick which i lost 3-4m in D: it was quite late.
Original post by Meliss

Which version of RS do you guys that still play prefer? 07 or EoC? :biggrin:

Edit! I decided to cancel my monthly membership right after writing this post, lol. It started from 26/08/2010, I feel like a strong bond between me and RS has just broken :'c..

EoC, purely for the fact that 07 has been and gone. I enjoyed it back in 2007 when friends from school were there to play it with. People hate on the EoC version but it really isn't that bad when you get used to it, I'd much rather adapt to new things than live in the past. :smile:

:redface: You have a stronger will than I, haha.

Quick Reply

Latest