The Student Room Group

Runescape

Scroll to see replies

The best memory on runescape for me was having a 89 hour bot streak using autosoulwarspro at Soul Wars. I averaged like 5 souls per hour too! This was like 4 years ago... I have a screen shot somewhere lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1381
My fondest memory was luring people to the Wilderness and calling my friends to attack them so I get their items.

Also running that pyramid thing in the desert to level thieving by looting urns.
Original post by Little J
My fondest memory was luring people to the Wilderness and calling my friends to attack them so I get their items.

Also running that pyramid thing in the desert to level thieving by looting urns.

You sick son of a bitch.

Remember losing my full rune because I stayed and fought rather than running away! :sadnod:
Original post by thoyub
If it was closed down it would honestly be a disaster and a sucky decision for Jagex financially. It would put me off buying membership again to be honest.

But hopefully they are just rumors! :smile:

yeah agreed ive played so much in the last month that i'd be quite angry
Original post by Deyesy
Given they're doing content polls for it I can't see it. I bloody adore Old School. EofC is too much like WoW and I played Runescape because it was nothing like WoW :colonhash:

yeah i tried rs3 just too complicated but great graphics

You monsterrrr!
Reply 1386
Original post by ForgetMe
You monsterrrr!

It's part of the game! Haha so much fun and the rage that ensued was priceless followed by the IRL threats.

I remembered something else getting that whip for the first time, I forgot it's name.
Reply 1387
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
Pre eoc rs had a dying population so jagex had to move on

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems to have killed the population even more. There's 39k people on now, hardly like the 100k that used to be on around peak times.

I'm not saying I like or dislike eoc but it made loads of people leave.
Original post by thoyub
Seems to have killed the population even more. There's 39k people on now, hardly like the 100k that used to be on around peak times.

I'm not saying I like or dislike eoc but it made loads of people leave.

Yeah, those people were the people who Jagex couldn't shift on, most didn't like the changes they did to old rs.

In 5 years time, it might be 200,000 playing.
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
Yeah, those people were the people who Jagex couldn't shift on, most didn't like the changes they did to old rs.

In 5 years time, it might be 200,000 playing.

I highly doubt that... Next gen games.... Systems... Engines... I mean look at the graphics on Runescape 3. It's still not all that great compared to other MMORPGs. Games like Guild Wars 2 and WoW have taken over, they're offering much more than runescape and you don't have to spend years getting to the max level.

I'd say Runescape has 3 years max till Jagex sell their company. There only hope is that it'll become very popular when released on tablet devices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's part of the game! Haha so much fun and the rage that ensued was priceless followed by the IRL threats.

I remembered something else getting that whip for the first time, I forgot it's name.

The game is nothing like what you did, you should have been lured with your whole bank and killed :colone:
Reply 1391
Original post by ForgetMe
The game is nothing like what you did, you should have been lured with your whole bank and killed :colone:

The game was absolutely like that and it was enjoyable.

I'll never play it again - last time I played it was 5 years ago?
Reply 1392
Original post by 123formyabc
yeah i tried rs3 just too complicated but great graphics

It's why I play Old School :3 And I ****ing love old school tbh :redface:
Its all about LoL now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there guys.. I have a couple of really high accounts to give away as I no longer play due to growing older and i've lost the interest.

I've got a level 200 with almost 2300 and 10 99's I think,

and another level 200 with 2200 total about and 6 99's I believe.

Drop me a message to why I should give one of these accounts to you, and I will pick winners at random :smile:.
Original post by Serenade
I highly doubt that... Next gen games.... Systems... Engines... I mean look at the graphics on Runescape 3. It's still not all that great compared to other MMORPGs. Games like Guild Wars 2 and WoW have taken over, they're offering much more than runescape and you don't have to spend years getting to the max level.

I'd say Runescape has 3 years max till Jagex sell their company. There only hope is that it'll become very popular when released on tablet devices.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The main problem, imo, is that so much of the player base is now maxed, and no wonder when they are throwing exp and cash left, right and centre. I swear I'm in the minority not having a max cape. Sadly, I don't think I would even give the game 3 years, unless they find a new player base. One new skill and some shinier graphics is not gonna fix it.
Jagex won't sell RuneScape.

The idea is even laughable - it's their cash cow.
Original post by stephenwenn
Hi there guys.. I have a couple of really high accounts to give away as I no longer play due to growing older and i've lost the interest.

I've got a level 200 with almost 2300 and 10 99's I think,

and another level 200 with 2200 total about and 6 99's I believe.

Drop me a message to why I should give one of these accounts to you, and I will pick winners at random :smile:.

I'd love one :smile:
I spent a good part of my early teens playing that game, I wish I'd spent that time more productively, the only useful thing that I learned from that whole experience was that being a merchant/businessman is way easier and more profitable than fishing for swordfish.
60 Divination! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest