The Student Room Group

Media Students!!

Hey, looking through the 'arts' section and I see no media student threads?! - WHERE ARE YOU ALL!??!

I've got to decide between Sussex (Media Practice and Theory), Salford (Television and Radio), Plymouth (Media Arts) and Sheffield Hallam (Film and Media Production)....any one else in the same boat?

Any one applying for any media studies/related course?! - if so, would be cool to hear about it and to discuss!

Dan :biggrin:
Reply 1
Got conditional offer from royal holloway for media arts. might go.
and its cuz media ppl are way too cool for lame forums, except for us...
:wink:
Reply 2
hi! You are right about the absense of any media forum on this site. I was also disappointed when i started asking questions here. Congratulations for your offers. I think you should go for the univ of central lancashire as it has more repo for it's media courses than chester( see guardian rankings). You should also look at Univ college famouth. I have got an unconditional offer to study MA television production there and think they have the most comprehensive programme . You can see if they offer bachelor degree there.Also try RHUL.:tsr2:
I heard Salford is really good for practical media courses.....i got a conditional offer for Ravensbourne [College of Design and Communication] to study Broadcast Operations and Production which i accepted...i also heard that Westminster is quite good for media courses :confused:
Reply 4
Hi,

Had interview at Rave on Thursday 30th March for
"Content Creation for Broadcasting and New Media, BA (Hons)", 2 years
,went really well
,interviewer and student that were present were both very nice and helpful.

Got conditional offer on Saturday April 1st. Accepted it firmly immediately!!!

Need to get CC in Media & Business Studies!!!

By the way, I know alot of media professionals that work in the industry, and they have told me that Ravensbourne is the best for media in the UK.
mubahil
By the way, I know alot of media professionals that work in the industry, and they have told me that Ravensbourne is the best for media in the UK.

...same; a lot of the lecturers work part time for the BBC

Had interview at Rave

...did you have to do this exam thing?...i thought i'd screwed it up but obv i didn't :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending