The Student Room Group

Westminister Film BA or MetFilm School

I got offers to both Westminister and MetFilm school. As an international student, I'm having trouble deciding between these two. Are there any allumni or industry experts that can provide me with some advice?
Met film school aren’t good for undergrad teaching.

Do you have any offers from film schools outside London where things are more affordable?
Reply 2
I have offers in France my concern is postgrad opportunities and job prospects if I go with this option.
Can you elaborate as to why MetFilm isn't good in undergrad teaching?
Original post by 1daniela11
I have offers in France my concern is postgrad opportunities and job prospects if I go with this option.
Can you elaborate as to why MetFilm isn't good in undergrad teaching?

Unlike westminster and most other cilect film schools offering BAs it is JUST a film school - so the study environment is very limited. On top of that they only started offering BAs in the last couple of years - they are mainly a postgraduate film school. The BA isn’t what they’re good at.
Reply 4
I like the emphasis on the practical and I like that it is focused on film. Would the undergrad degree from met not be as valuable? My main goals are to build a portfolio and gain experience... would Met not be a good pathway to achieve this? Am I more likely to succeed going to Westminister?
I like the emphasis on the practical and I like that it is focused on film. Would the undergrad degree from met not be as valuable? My main goals are to build a portfolio and gain experience... would Met not be a good pathway to achieve this? Am I more likely to succeed going to Westminister?

Ask met to send you links to their BA graduation films. There’s hardly any or none because the course is too new. They don’t have experience teaching undergraduates.

Westminster do. They have hundreds of BA graduation films that they’ll share with you (plus experience in entering undergrad films to competitions and festivals).
Reply 6
Okay! Thank you very much for your help I will definitely take this into consideration.
The other thing to note is that at met you’re likely to be in a class with almost all international students. UK students get minimal loans that don’t cover the high fees at met and so the only UK students studying there will be wealthy people - who probably don’t have the grades to study somewhere better
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 8
what's Westminster's reputation like in the UK? it seems to be very solid for film and media and it has an impressive list of alumni would this be a better option?
I got offers to both Westminister and MetFilm school. As an international student, I'm having trouble deciding between these two. Are there any allumni or industry experts that can provide me with some advice?

Hi! I'm sorry to bother you, I'd like to know what you have been asked for to enter Westminster: did they ask for a portfolio with your relevant work? If yes what kind of materials did you send?
Thank you so much, I know I didn't answer any of your questions, but that would be really helpful to me.
Reply 10
Original post by Mattia_Palieri
Hi! I'm sorry to bother you, I'd like to know what you have been asked for to enter Westminster: did they ask for a portfolio with your relevant work? If yes what kind of materials did you send?
Thank you so much, I know I didn't answer any of your questions, but that would be really helpful to me.

They do ask for supporting material after you send in your UCAS application. I submitted short film samples and scripts. if you want to send me your personal email I could send in what I submitted for my portfolio!

Hi Daniela, please tell me what you decided to do? I am in international student too (from Australia) and the MET is much more affordable but no point if the quality isn't there. All the best with your studies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending