The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

CCW Foundation Diploma in Art and Design 2011/12 term dates

I can find the term dates for 2012/13 on the Camberwell website, but not the 2011/12 ones.

Rumour has it that the students were told to hand in their final portfolio in at the start of April, i.e. they have not actually had a 'Summer Term', but rather a wait for their final show. Their library and studio access were also terminated, so there has been no support / education at all.

Is this true? What did the info at the start of the course say?
Reply 1
Ah, found the dates:

2011-12

CCW Foundation

Autumn Term: Monday 5 September - Friday 16 December 2011
Spring Term: Tuesday 3 January - Friday 20 April 2012
Summer Term: Tuesday 8 May - Friday 18 May 2012

http://www.camberwell.arts.ac.uk/aboutcamberwell/termdates/

So 'Summer Term' hasn't started, but will be all of eleven days long = nine week days, compared to seven weeks for the 2012/13 course.

Is the shortest 'term' anywhere?!?

The question about not having library access etc since the start of April - up to three weeks before the official end of the second of three terms - remains.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
i think they do it like that so that you complete all of your work for the end of spring term, then the summer 'term' is just when you come back to be part of the foundation show? i hope the part about library/studio access isn't true, i don't see why they would do that though. will you be going on the course this year? :smile:
Reply 3
Apart from cost-cutting, I don't see why they would do it either - either 2011/12 students are students until 18th May or they are not. If they are, they should have library access even if they do not get any staff contact hours.

Next year, the Summer term will be considerably longer. so it cannot be just doing the foundation show then.

Alas, my art skills are not up to it :smile: I'm asking because the source of the info has reasons not to want to be associated with complaining about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending