The Student Room Group

Foundation Art Falmouth or Bath Spa or Edinburgh College or UAL.

Hello, Which of these has anyone done? I could do with some advice on the experience. I really would be grateful for any advice such as what the course is like and how the accomodation/campus it. Thanks
Falmouth university shares a campus with Exeter Penryn students, there isn’t much to do in Falmouth really but it’s a nice area. Cornwall transport is awful too you could be waiting an hour or more to get busses to and from places.

Bath Spa has frequent transport between Bristol, Bath and surrounding areas. The campus is beautiful and even though it isn’t directly in the city of bath, there is a bus every 15-20 minutes (It may be more frequent but I can’t fully remember!!) For creative subjects it’s very highly respected.

UAL i’ve heard it’s harder to get to know people as it’s less of a campus university and more spread out. Some love it and some don’t, as the hussle and bussle of the city can become overbearing.

I hope this helps a little bit as it’s purely from people I know at those unis currently. I don’t know anything about Edinburgh though!
Original post by Psleeman
Hello, Which of these has anyone done? I could do with some advice on the experience. I really would be grateful for any advice such as what the course is like and how the accomodation/campus it. Thanks

These are very different things. UAL offers a foundation diploma, Falmouth and bath spa a foundation year, ed college a foundation degree.

What subject do you eventually want to graduate in and do you have any thoughts about what you would do long term?
Reply 3
Thank you, very helpful. Ultimately a degree in textiles is the idea. Anyone know anything about the Foundation Art in Edinburgh College? Thank you!
Original post by Psleeman
Thank you, very helpful. Ultimately a degree in textiles is the idea. Anyone know anything about the Foundation Art in Edinburgh College? Thank you!

Can you give a bit more information about why you're looking for foundation routes instead of going straight into a degree?

It's a bit difficult to advise without knowing your priorities.

Your list of universities is quite eclectic - it doesn't really help us understand what you're looking for to offer useful advice

Is it this that you're looking at at Edinburgh College: https://www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/courses/browse/ual-art-and-design-foundation-diploma-cr1dadfy24 if so that's a Foundation Diploma - there's a FAD FAQ thread at the top of https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=113 which might help

Quick Reply

Latest