The Student Room Group

Argentinian Olympics ad secretly filmed in the Falklands

Scroll to see replies

I do not respect Argentina. It's a backward country. I cannot imagine that any of the Falklanders would wish to be associated with such a dirty ****hole. Rule Britannia.
hahahaha that is one cheeky ad.
Reply 22
they can do what they want there, all it does is embarass them further as they know they will never get them.
Reply 23
Original post by Aj12
We are quietly building support amongst south American nations like Chile. Better to be doing actual actions behind the scenes than yelling and screaming loudly and doing nothing of actual consequence. Argentina's pissing off everyone from credit agencies to Spain and other European nations we don't really have to do anything at all, they are blowing their own feet off through their actions.

Could you explain more, sounds rather interesting.
Original post by L i b
Someone said 'pathetic' above. Spot on. It's utterly impotent moaning which only serves to make Argentina look bad.

Largely because of their approach, there is now no chance that the Falklands will be part of Argentina.

I agree. They have absolutely nothing to gain from whining about it, and they've only made it worse for themselves.
Reply 25
All you need to know is; when Britain got the island, Argentina wasn't a country. Just a province in the Spanish empire of South America.

What more do you need to say tbh :colonhash:
Reply 26
Original post by DdotT
Could you explain more, sounds rather interesting.

Firstly Argentina is annoying everyone. They nationalised a company that the Spanish had money in. Whilst it on the surface has nothing to do with the Falklands it alienates any chance of European support towards Argentina.

http://www.stratfor.com/sample/analysis/chiles-interest-falkland-islands-dispute
This is an article that explains how important Chile is to the support and how the UK is trying to get their support. You need to give an email address to access it though but it is a good read.
Reply 27
Silly Argentinians :tongue: Although, apparently the ad was a hit in Argentina, the people who were interviewed on the news said that they felt "full of pride" after watching it...

It doesn't change anything though, and Argentina are doing a great job of pissing off countries that might have been sympathetic to them like Spain, by seizing spanish oil companies argentinian assets in order to nationalise the oil sector. Argentina's worst enemy is their own president
Reply 28
I have tickets to the hockey I'll be booing like crazy if I end up watching these. Also wheel about the nukes I'm getting tired of argentina now.
Reply 29
if Argentinian are serious about the Falklands islands then they should there case to the international court.
Reply 30
Original post by Aj12
Firstly Argentina is annoying everyone. They nationalised a company that the Spanish had money in. Whilst it on the surface has nothing to do with the Falklands it alienates any chance of European support towards Argentina.

http://www.stratfor.com/sample/analysis/chiles-interest-falkland-islands-dispute
This is an article that explains how important Chile is to the support and how the UK is trying to get their support. You need to give an email address to access it though but it is a good read.

It was a good read, it makes you wonder if we can get their support :/ or if anything is happening behind close doors.
We should retort with a video showing our Olympians running around the Falklands draped in Union Flags before going to bathe in the oil from the oil field.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending