The Student Room Group

If you are a virgin til marriage...

I was just wondering, if you believe in waiting til marriage to have sex does this mean you will not do anything sexual with your partner before hand?
Like oral, handjobs or touching , anything else you can think of ..
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
if you don't want to have sex till marriage but think its okay to do oral, handjobs touching etc, then seriously wtf is wrong with you? doing all the other things is just as intimate as having sex so it makes me laugh when people say they want to wait till marriage to have sex but then say they have done everything else, absolutely hilarious..you either do it all or nothing at all in my opinion!
Reply 2
not aimed at the OP just frustrates me when people say that
Original post by Zara<3

Why? Surely people can do what they like?
Reply 4
Original post by Zara<3
if you don't want to have sex till marriage but think its okay to do oral, handjobs touching etc, then seriously wtf is wrong with you? doing all the other things is just as intimate as having sex so it makes me laugh when people say they want to wait till marriage to have sex but then say they have done everything else, absolutely hilarious..you either do it all or nothing at all in my opinion!

Well i was just wondering In general ( it doesnt apply to me)
Maybe they just want to save that part for their husband and what not.
Either way, i do agree with you a bit, if your intimate with a guy by oral or whatever, i think you can have sex but yeah.
Reply 5
Original post by Zara<3

When they say they are waiting til marriage or the more specific qu i asked? =]
you either do it all or nothing at all in my opinion!

i dont agree with that, me and the guy i used to go with did stuff but not everything cus we didnt feel ready.. werent waiting til marriage like lol but i mean im only 17 and i just felt too young as maybe so did he
Reply 7
Why wait. Try before you buy is what you should be doing.
Reply 8
Original post by Zara<3

Post of the day.

Original post by Zara<3

I share your frustration.
Reply 9
Original post by Zangoose
Post of the day.

I share your frustration.

... sexual frustration?
I know Muslims aren't meant to do anything sexual until marriage - the same probably applies to all religions. Catholic men aren't allowed to waste their seed so I don't think they're meant to have hand/blow jobs but I dunno if women can't be pleasured.
Reply 11
Original post by Mirey
... sexual frustration?

Most definitely, yes.

If a virgin has done some of the nastiest deeds you can imagine, I don't get why she wouldn't be up for a bang, it's such a boner killer.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by little_wizard123
Why? Surely people can do what they like?

Agreed, people can do what they like. But remaining a virgin to maintain any sense of 'purity' whilst engaging in other sexual acts is just a complete double standard. By all means, maintain your virginity until marriage and do other things beforehand, but don't do so to 'save yourself' for the one you love, so to speak.

Any hole's a goal except the magic one, right Catholics? Ridiculous.
Reply 13
I'm virgin till I die :bhangra:
Surely it depends why someone is waiting until marriage. If they are using abstinence as a form of contraception then there is no contradiction in engaging in some other sexual activities. If they are doing it to remain 'pure' then it depends what value they place upon various sexual acts. If they are 'saving themselves' it again depends on the value they place upon those acts. Some may genuinely consider penetrative sex to be more intimate than other sexual activity, and wish to save this particular act for their life partner.

Etc.
Original post by Schmokie Dragon
Surely it depends why someone is waiting until marriage. If they are using abstinence as a form of contraception then there is no contradiction in engaging in some other sexual activities. If they are doing it to remain 'pure' then it depends what value they place upon various sexual acts. If they are 'saving themselves' it again depends on the value they place upon those acts. Some may genuinely consider penetrative sex to be more intimate than other sexual activity, and wish to save this particular act for their life partner.

Etc.

The above makes sense to me.

I have engaged in oral but not penetrative sex; I'm not waiting until marriage, just until I have a steady boyfriend who I won't feel bad about getting emotionally attached to. I was first intimate with a previous boyfriend in a disappointing relationship that didn't last very long, and slightly regretted it afterwards. In particular, I think that if penetration is going to be painful or unpleasant, I want to do it with someone with whom I feel as comfortable as possible, and who is going to be supportive, and, you know, hold me afterwards rather than roll over and go to sleep.
Reply 16
Original post by Zara<3

I know exactly what you mean. Some people take that as far as no kissing or hugging before marriage. On a documentary I watched a woman ask her mother if it was okay to hold her boyfriend's hand before marriage. Each to their own I suppose.

I think sex is meaningful when you make it meaningful in your head. I find emotional intimacy much more challenging.

OP, if you are uncertain about whether to bow to social pressures, I recommend that you do what you think is best. Understand that sexual intimacy is a wonderful act which strengthens an emotional bond. It doesn't make your relationship any less worthy or meaningful.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
Check out this guy. He's really scary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i0cIegraRs - "Why men and woman should not hug or hold hands before marriage? 1 Cor 7:1"

:eek:
..then you are insane.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending