The Student Room Group

AQA Government & Politics May 2012

Scroll to see replies

ahhh crap! totally flopped the 5 marker for entrenched provisions I thought it meant conventions etc lol fml
Reply 101
Original post by Farmerboy521
It said in the legislature, Select Committees are made up of backbench MPs who reside in the legislature :smile:

ohh ok, I must have misread it.
There was literally so much you could have put into that question... did you do the constitution?
Reply 102
For those who attempted the Parliament questions, what did you put for the vote of no confidence 10 marker question? I went down the route of Whips and their function and how they keep MPs from voting against the government in a vote of no confidence, I'm hoping that's right! :smile:

Yeah I talked about how whips would prevent a rebellion in most cases, I also said about how government MPs may be wary of dissolving a government given how they could lose their seat at the subsequent election.
Reply 103
Original post by Wakasmasood
ahhh crap! totally flopped the 5 marker for entrenched provisions I thought it meant conventions etc lol fml

TBH it's only 5 marks on an 80 mark paper, I really wouldn't worry too much, the essay's where it's at.
I had a disaster, hand was already aching from music exam just before.

Then once the exam started, saw the 'entrenched provisions' and panicked.

Did terribly in the end...
thought this exam was ok, did parliament and multi-level governance :smile:
In the 10 marker parliament question did anyone mention the Fixed Term Parliament Act as one of their reasons that censure motions are difficult? I wasn't sure whether it was really applicable, but couldn't think of what else to write...
Reply 107
So what did you all think of that? I thought it was hard, well the Parliament Q went well but the PM question was hard, especially part b. I dont think I had a very neat structure in part c on the PM question but I guess I'll see how it goes...
(I'm doing AQA)
What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 108
Didn't enjoy this exam at ALL the 5 marker...Didn't even attempt it! But the 10 marker for Constitution was great, so was the 25 marker.
Core exec...Again the 5 marker, probably got 3/5, the 10 marker was OK but not great, the 25 marker was ok.

Definatley not getting an A.
Original post by foodnom
ohh ok, I must have misread it.
There was literally so much you could have put into that question... did you do the constitution?

I did, thought the 25 marker about a codified constitution was a beauty of a question, blitzed my notes the night before :smile: How did you find it?
Reply 110
I did, thought the 25 marker about a codified constitution was a beauty of a question, blitzed my notes the night before :smile: How did you find it?

yes loved it! picked up on the word 'remains' and everything... really hope i've done ok :biggrin:
Can someone pleeeeez tell me the questions that came up for the may 2012 govp2 paper. For the constitution and parliament topics.. The exam is on wednesday so i really need it before that. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending