The Student Room Group

Maths exam IGCSE - HIGHER TIER - PAPER 3H AND PAPER 4H POST DISCUSSION.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dhanp79
lol umad? Maybe your time would be better served revising if you found it difficult, rather than complaining on a forum, you could actually improve :eek:

sorry im not familiar with this term 'umad'. its funny how you assume i haven't revised just because i'm not getting 100%? i'm sure you're good at maths, good for you, however i'm sure there are plenty of other things you're not so good at- you're social skills for one. next time you feel like boasting about you're excellent grades, go gloat to somebody who cares
Original post by dhanp79
ah yes, clearly umad

So you get 100% in intelligence and 0% in emotional intelligence.
I don't understand why you would count squares anyway - calculate frequency from density * class width.

Original post by Umackjiggles
I know the answer is wrong but thanks for pointing out the mistake. Notice how I told everyone my answer was wrong way back when I uploaded the answers, there is no need to state the obvious.

Link me to said answers? :smile:
Original post by dhanp79
You clearly care about my overwhelming superiority, yes sometimes it is a burden to be better than your peers, but I have dealt with that and have accepted my greatness. It is time you did too

hahaha oh you poor poor boy
I'm pretty sure Umackjiggles phrased the situation perfectly.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by dhanp79
You clearly care about my overwhelming superiority, yes sometimes it is a burden to be better than your peers, but I have dealt with that and have accepted my greatness. It is time you did too

This is starting to sound like you're a troll, to be honest. If you recognize that you got 100%, why bother gloating? Your "greatness" comes from your ability to score 100% on a Maths IGCSE? Please. Wait until you (and whoever you're insulting) have come a little further in life before you care to impress your "overwhelming superiority" on them.
Original post by dhanp79
ah yes, clearly umad

Stop calling people mad and dumb! You're dumb too! Look at your English it's not even making sense. What's the point of having 100% in maths when you can't write a simple sentence in English. Am I right guys?
Original post by dhanp79

That must be difficult to handle..
Come on dude, use the student room for what it's for :smile: it's great that you're good at maths, but don't make fun of others yeah?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by dhanp79
Do not worry, your denial will in time be replaced by acceptance, and then you will seek to better yourself by learning from my wisdom. Your time shall come, I will be waiting

Joke of the century :smile:

If your so great why do Maths A ... do Maths B
Why are you wasting your greatness arguing with fools?
Original post by gabriel 41
Don't lose hope 190 could be the right answer too! Sometimes, many people getting an answer doesn't mean it's right :smile:

Nah, sorry bro - it's 200. There's no doubt. :tongue:

Original post by gabriel 41
Just leave the "nerds" who get 100% in maths alone. Everyone, will pass maths as A is 63 for this year I think. These 100 people think they're too smart and we are dumb; well in real life it's not maths that really counts it's your thinking so such people in real life are not very successful. At least from my experience I've seen that.

Your generalizations are at least as bad as dhanp's ...
Fools bring people down to their level and beat them with experience.
Hey, Sorry for being lazy, but has the full paper (w/ or w/o solutions been posted)?
Original post by dhanp79
Do not worry, your denial will in time be replaced by acceptance, and then you will seek to better yourself by learning from my wisdom. Your time shall come, I will be waiting

Stop sounding like a scholar if you can't remember "pride comes before fall" so watch out. There are many in the world who get 100% but that doesn't mean those who get 70's like me are stupid! That's why the Edexcel company makes A 66 and below sometimes to recognize the "greatness" of everybody. Otherwise, you'll now say those who get A aren't great. Am I right?
Original post by Big-Daddy
I don't understand why you would count squares anyway - calculate frequency from density * class width.

Link me to said answers? :smile:

my pleasure - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1993941&page=54&page=54 they go on for ~3 pages of the thread. :smile:
Original post by dhanp79
I understand that you are trying to control your obvious anger, but harness it my child, use it and you too could become an acceptable member of society. I am always willing to help those like you, on a journey towards acceptance

What's your age? If your calling him a child you must be elder to him. Did you fail your Maths A last time?
Original post by dhanp79
No my poor deluded child, my greatness comes from a vast spectrum of things, this is merely one aspect. I have come further in life than others can even begin to imagine, I truly have reached the point where I can look down at others with pity.

But do not worry, I will be here, waiting, for when the time comes that you wish to learn from me

Oh, I see, it's another one of those "Jesus"-type "Messiahs" of intellect. :wink:

I'd be happy to learn from you now.

Here's the challenge. Look up the structure of the alkaline toxin tetrodotoxin. Then, tell me this: what is the product of the hydrolysis of tetrodotoxin? And for an additional 10 points, draw the product.

So now we'll find out - are you trolling (as I imagine) or are you just genuinely be annoying where you can, and scared where you can't? Or are you actually miles ahead of everyone else as you claim to be?

Let me note that the answer to that question was achieved a long time ago. I'm not exactly asking you to solve a Millenium Problem.
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
What's your age? If your calling him a child you must be elder to him. Did you fail your Maths A last time?

I think if he can answer my question (post above) he deserves a bit of deference.

On the other hand, it's much likelier that he'll either ignore the post or make some annoying quip. In which case everything he says should be discounted.

I'll have a little bit of respect left for him if he admits he's not so great and shows some tolerance. :smile:
Question 17 - with diagrams:

Answer 17.jpg

answer 17b.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by dhanp79
I understand that you are trying to control your obvious anger, but harness it my child, use it and you too could become an acceptable member of society. I am always willing to help those like you, on a journey towards acceptance

ahaha to be honest your trolling skills are pretty good lol
Original post by Big-Daddy
I think if he can answer my question (post above) he deserves a bit of deference.

On the other hand, it's much likelier that he'll either ignore the post or make some annoying quip. In which case everything he says should be discounted.

I'll have a little bit of respect left for him if he admits he's not so great and shows some tolerance. :smile:

Just leave it now; God is there to fix everything. If he's elevated from "lowly" people like us let it be. Grade boundaries for A will yet be 63 and above no matter if he calls me foolish, stupid, ignorant, etc... Edexcel knows their job very well and who should be rewarded. Even if he gets an A* I'll still have an A just a grade below even if I'm so dumb than him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending