The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Chemistry A- C7 + Ideas In Context, May 24th 2012. OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZakariaMar
Is this the fermentation one? If it is the reason is because you're assuming all of the glucose will be used up. Some reactants aren't used to their full potential in terms of the amount of product that can be formed.

So i may get 1 mark
Reply 381
I Hope the grade boundaries are LOWWW! So i can get my C. :smile:
Original post by 07oakom
It was 0.495g I wrote 0.5g as well just in case

Really????? Was that the answers??? Oh man yess! I Just jumbled the figures round lol and got 0.4 sommat and didn't even o over it again I don't bother! Yehhhhh

What did everyone out for the chromatography question?? 3+1 marks??

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 383
Original post by Coke1
Correct. Definatley not a trick question.

I was just having bant, I got 40 lol
Reply 384
SHUSH GUYS!

BY TALKING, STUDENTS DOING iGCSE CAN CHEAT AND RAISE GRADE BOUNDARIES. PLEASE DO NTO WASTE YOUR EFFORT ON DOING THE EXAM JUST SO SOME PEOPLE IN KUWAIT/INDIA CAN ACKNOWLEDGE THE ANS/QUESTIONS!

Please wait until AFTER MIDNIGHT!
Reply 385
What does an exothermic reaction look like?

I put a horizontal line through the middle :smile: am I right?
Reply 386
Original post by xXxDHxXx
SHUSH GUYS!

BY TALKING, STUDENTS DOING iGCSE CAN CHEAT AND RAISE GRADE BOUNDARIES. PLEASE DO NTO WASTE YOUR EFFORT ON DOING THE EXAM JUST SO SOME PEOPLE IN KUWAIT/INDIA CAN ACKNOWLEDGE THE ANS/QUESTIONS!

Please wait until AFTER MIDNIGHT!

Excuse me? That only applies to Edexcel.

Please get your facts right before making statements like that.
Original post by Coke1
Excuse me? That only applies to Edexcel.

Please get your facts right before making statements like that.

TOLD! :biggrin:
I thought it was a pretty average paper? I found the question with the aspirin impossible.. I just shoved a load of numbers down >.<

But other than that question, it wasn't too bad- I didn't majorly stress over any of the other questions, from memory, I managed to answer them all I least, but then I know that there'll be loads where I phrased it wrong, or missed out details, and dropped marks that way!

I was worried that I'd lost way too many marks, but I'm really reassured to hear the grade boundaries are so low- we'd not looked before, and we were all expecting it to be 49 for an A*

I have 49 for units 1-3, 44 for units 4-6 and a mid A* on my coursework, so I'm hoping I managed to scrape an A* overall!
Original post by Anny Smiles
I thought it was a pretty average paper? I found the question with the aspirin impossible.. I just shoved a load of numbers down >.<

But other than that question, it wasn't too bad- I didn't majorly stress over any of the other questions, from memory, I managed to answer them all I least, but then I know that there'll be loads where I phrased it wrong, or missed out details, and dropped marks that way!

I was worried that I'd lost way too many marks, but I'm really reassured to hear the grade boundaries are so low- we'd not looked before, and we were all expecting it to be 49 for an A*

I have 49 for units 1-3, 44 for units 4-6 and a mid A* on my coursework, so I'm hoping I managed to scrape an A* overall!

Lucky u. I think this exam was tough so missed my A
Just wandering, if I got 40/40 in coursework, 50/50 in one exam and 49/50 in another, what amount of marks would I have to get in this exam to get A*. Freaking out that I didn't get enough :'(
Original post by AliceElizabeth
Just wandering, if I got 40/40 in coursework, 50/50 in one exam and 49/50 in another, what amount of marks would I have to get in this exam to get A*. Freaking out that I didn't get enough :'(

Please tell me you're joking?!

If you got those sorts of marks in the other exams, and coursework...
1- You'd not need immense marks to get an A*.
2- You're obviously good at Chemistry... So you'll have done fine ^_^

So don't worry!!
Original post by AliceElizabeth

71 UMS which is a low B. Lol you're so lucky I need any a* to get an A* overall!
ah crap, have a horrible feeling I did really bad in this paper. For aspirin question, I got 0.49something something something. I've never liked titration questions.
Original post by Tarmu
What does an exothermic reaction look like?

I put a horizontal line through the middle :smile: am I right?

errm.. not really I'm afraid.
Original post by Problematique
ah crap, have a horrible feeling I did really bad in this paper. For aspirin question, I got 0.49something something something. I've never liked titration questions.

Me too! I totally blanked! But there's still some method marks up for grabs, and even if you don't get any of them, it's only one question! :smile:
Original post by the A* guy
I was surprised that nothing about alkanes and sustainability came up, also surprised about the fact that there was 2 questions about making ethanol, as it normally doesn't come up and when it does its only one Question.

Overall i think it was a fair test. :smile: :smile:

In last year's paper, it was basically all about alkanes and sustainability so I guess they had to change it up a bit this year.
Reply 397
Original post by PackOfThieves
first instincts are the best

That is SO true! When I did my past papers I didn't follow my first instincts, I do that stupid thing called "think twice" and get things wrong...hahahaha

To show that energy is released I drew the delta H - thing, just a triangle with a H- to show that the energy change is negative, I hope that will be acceptable
Reply 398
Original post by Freddy-Francis
What did you guys put for the last question? Explain why its made under 37.9g?

I dunno if my answer was correct, but I'm guessing it's not 37.9g because carbon dioxide is produced in the process, some of the carbon atoms would be lost as CO2 is formed?
Dunno....haha. It made sense for me at the time
Reply 399
Original post by Problematique

I didn't even touch the aspirin question, just gave up on it.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending