The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Chemistry A- C7 + Ideas In Context, May 24th 2012. OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Coke1
I did put the products and the reactants (can't remember names)

I just didn't underline them

I put the products higher up on the left, reactants lower down on the right

Drew the line with the -ve, but I just didn't draw a line under the products and reactants :s-smilie:

that's minor! youre going to be all the marks,dont worry lol! hi-5
Reply 581
So I assume that if I put ΔH- to represent the exhothermic reaction/energy being given out I get it wrong?
Original post by L_Vieru
So I assume that if I put ΔH- to represent the exhothermic reaction/energy being given out I get it wrong?

thats fine
Original post by Freddy-Francis
Untitled.jpg

Will i get a mark for this^^

Yes!! I think so anyhow omG I think that's what I drew ;D
GOTO Physics section everyone
Reply 585
Original post by flimbys101
I'm also doing it in June :smile:

Oh good! :biggrin:! I still feel we should have done it in January
Can someone help me, I know what I need UMS wise for an A* but I am unsure roughly what the boundaries for the result I need will be. I think my required UMS is 76, can someone attempt to work out the raw grade. These are my current results:

C1-3 (49/50)
C4-6 (45/50)
Coursework (40/40)
Reply 587
Original post by Slashbox123
Can someone help me, I know what I need UMS wise for an A* but I am unsure roughly what the boundaries for the result I need will be. I think my required UMS is 76, can someone attempt to work out the raw grade. These are my current results:

C1-3 (49/50)
C4-6 (45/50)
Coursework (40/40)

76 UMS is a mid B.....

And if you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to get 40/40 coursework? I found the evaluation section impossible to average an 8 on!
Reply 588
Original post by joie679
we haven't done C4,5,6 yet which sucks because we cant figure out how many UMS we need for c7 and also c7 requires knowledge from c1,2,3,4,5,6 and c456 is my last gcse exam so I'm not going to revise it until the very end :/ D:

it's a nightmare isn't it! anyway good luck for it!
Reply 589
Original post by Ell228
it's a nightmare isn't it! anyway good luck for it!

Haha thanks! I only just saw this- oops! I think it was okay, how did you find it?
Reply 590
Original post by joie679
Haha thanks! I only just saw this- oops! I think it was okay, how did you find it?

Ah I thought it was better than I thought, I found the B7 one so bad :frown: my teacher never taught me that much for it haha!
Can we just get this straight, OCR haven't decided anything. The boundaries are based on the what people get. As if being 31 always for A* loads would get it therefore an A* wouldn't be as special. You are unable to predict because it's depends on the rest of the country :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Where is the unoffical mark scheme?! I really hope I got at least an A on this - this will secure me an A*!
Reply 593
Original post by ArtisticFlair
Where is the unoffical mark scheme?! I really hope I got at least an A on this - this will secure me an A*!

No official mark scheme. But to be honest you will only need about 26/55 for an A....so yeah it's not that demanding.
How did everyone do then in Bio, Chem and Physics overall? And how did everyone do in the last exams in bio chem and phys
Original post by science-oliver
How did everyone do then in Bio, Chem and Physics overall? And how did everyone do in the last exams in bio chem and phys

Biology: A*
Chemistry: A
Physics: A*
Original post by science-oliver

A* in all 3 Sciences!

Marks wise, UMS:
Biology 96/100
Chemistry 100/100
Physics 100/100

I was so happy- I revised like crazy, and it paid off :biggrin::biggrin:

How about you?
A* in all 3 Sciences!

Marks wise, UMS:
Biology 96/100
Chemistry 100/100
Physics 100/100

I was so happy- I revised like crazy, and it paid off

How about you?

Overall A* A* A*
Physics- 90/100
Biology- 99/100
Chemistry-100/100 (298/300 overall :biggrin:)
Oh and well done!

Biology: A*
Chemistry: A
Physics: A*

Congratssss :biggrin:
does anyone know the how many marks are needed to get an A?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending