The Student Room Group

C4 June 2012 - Post Exam Thread - Paper and Solutions in the FIRST POST

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UWS
I did quite badly in this exam... And the majority of people finding it easy doesn't make it any better :frown: Looks like I'll be missing my offers

Oh well, better start learning how to flip burgers now

Same here! So you're not alone.
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Is anyone else disappointed Volume of Revolution and substitution didn't come up? :sadnod:
Also the rate of change question was much easier/simpler than previous ones

I was so happy the rate of change was quite straight forward - when I saw it was question two was a rate of change question I did a little celebration :colondollar:
70/75 I think. Fingers crossed for an A*. Really unsure about what I got in C3!
Reply 143
[QUOTE="Arsey;37556923"]Overall I thought it was a fairly standard paper, with a few tricky parts

Q7.

unusual not to have the table drawn, may throw some people. b) was fairly straight forward although ln questions are odd.

(Scroll to post #39)

hey arsey i don't know why but i accidently used 2 strips =/ i have no idea why such a big fail

so instead of your 7.49 i got 7.46 and i had 2 strips will i lose 2 marks?
Original post by Charlesworth
I was so happy the rate of change was quite straight forward - when I saw it was question two was a rate of change question I did a little celebration :colondollar:

Haha likewise! :smile:
Reply 145
On the seven marker I just couldn't see a way of doing it, but got the correct answers of (2,1.5) and (-2, -1.5) Do you think I would get any marks?
Reply 146
OMG ARSEY I LOVE YOU

Got the same answers as you just a few questions will I lose marks for not writing down the answer to 5b in coordinate form -_- and 4 for keeping it in y^2? Also the Cartesian with arccsin will that gain full marks :\ (I didn't know how to do it and scribbled the arcsin one down)

Edit: I've got to admit doing badly in C3 is going to let me down now :frown: damn C3/M3 clash with geog the day before :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 147
for the cartesian i left as something like: 3(y-2)^2 + 4x^2=12
would this be correct?
Reply 148
[INDENT]
For the cartesian I left my answer as x = 2root3(root 1-y^2/4)(root y^2/4)
Basically I left it as x =..... instead of x^2=....
How many marks would I lose?
Reply 149
Original post by sukhys
no i didnt, but for Q5b i didnt do the minus values when you fourth rooted both sides. so i only ended up with one set of coordinates (2,3/2) how many marks do u think i have lost.

2, 3 marks max.
Don't really know how so many people found that paper easy! But I'm lucky i got B=-3 right for question 1a! Last 6 mark question just threw me off, again baffled on how people did it! But vectors is a pain in the neck anyway! Lost about 20 marks :frown: There goes my A.
Reply 151
ANYONE at all think Q4 should be plus or minus? :tongue:
Reply 152
Original post by mld
I'm not glad that you didn't do well, but I'm commiserating with you. I think I got 31 marks, which I hope will be an E! This will make sure I didn't do too well.

i got 31 marks as well i really messed up on some question which is a bummer cause this means im not going to university
Original post by tightasianmuff
cool story bro

No need for that...
Original post by sukhys
nice paper overall i thought, for Q5b when you had to take the fourth root to both sides i didnt do the minus values :frown: so i only got one set of coordinates which were (2, 3/2) so how marks do u think i have lost.

2 max I'd say.
Does anyone know what 70-80 UMS is....is it a B or an A??? :s-smilie:
Reply 156
Original post by misspinx20
Don't really know how so many people found that paper easy! But I'm lucky i got B=-3 right for question 1a! Last 6 mark question just threw me off, again baffled on how people did it! But vectors is a pain in the neck anyway! Lost about 20 marks :frown: There goes my A.

I know how you feel, I need an A for uni and looks like I've got 51-54/75 depending on method marks, I'm just hoping the s1 paper I did might be able to save me if 68 is 90ums!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire S
Reply 157
Original post by Igl
for the cartesian i left as something like: 3(y-2)^2 + 4x^2=12
would this be correct?

I'm guessing their will be many correct answers for this, but along as it's in x and y's, and simplified to a degree, then that probably should get the marks. After all it was 3 marks. I expanded the y bracket, and then bought all the terms to one side, and equalled it to zero. I think yours should be okay.

How did you find the paper in general?
Original post by misspinx20
Does anyone know what 70-80 UMS is....is it a B or an A??? :s-smilie:

Its a B
I'm quite happy with that :smile:
I was hoping for full marks, but I've lost up to 3 marks. I might still get 100 UMS.

For 3b, I made the coefficients of x ALL negative. I can't believe I didn't see that the x^2 term should have been positive! That's 1 mark lost.

For 5b, I first found the value of y correctly [+ or -2/3 (or was it 3/2?)]. I forgot that xy=3 and subbed my value of y into the original equation (i should still get the method marks for that right?) But then I somehow calculated my x values as + or - square root 2. Not sure how I managed that, but how many marks do you think I've lost for this? 1? 2?

Also, when solving a differential equation, do you have to put it in the form y=? I just left my answer as y^2=...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending