The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C2 MAY 18th

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Polioz
If they are then I apologise :smile:. I forgot to divide by 2 myself, so I was just going off what my mates said.

No worries. I'm sure that caught many people out :wink:
Reply 381
Original post by RyanGibbard
No worries. I'm sure that caught many people out :wink:

Hah, what I did was re-arrange to give me 1/2arcsin theta.
Reply 382
hmm that exam was alright. i just forgot about on the sin rule question where it was like sin2(theta) to add pi to get the other two answers.. and also the last question about the ratios.. waatt?!
i reckon i got maybe 67 ish out of 72
Reply 383
Original post by alriteGUVNA
pretty sure it was y = 100x^3

cuz gradient = 3 and y intercept = 2

so log y = 3logx + 2
as 2 = logy then y = 100
so logy = 3logx + log100
so logy =logx^3x100
so y = 100x^3

how can the gradient = 3, the axis were logY and logX so the co-ordinates also had to be logs, i did log(17/5) for change in Y and log5 for X and got 0.76
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 384
Original post by sarah:))
how can the gradient = 3, the axis were logY and logX so the co-ordinates also had to be logs, i did log(17/5) for change in Y and log5 for X and got 0.76

Doesn't matter about the axis, gradient is always Delta Y / Delta X.

In this case that was 12/4, hence 3.

Giving you log y = 3 log x + c
Reply 385
When I look back at that paper is wasn't that difficult, I spent too much time on some questions and didn't leave it enough for others.

At retakers - do you think you've improved?
I definately didn't get the last question, I spat a load of logarithms on the page in the hope of finding something, but after 20 minutes I conceded defeat. I hadn't a clue and nothing I could have done would have helped me. I might get a mark for stating the two sequences. Apart from that I felt it was alright. perhaps I stressed so much about it I revised everything to a tee.

I probably made a load of mistakes thorugh the paper, but at a push, i could have got 69/70 out of 72. Probably more realistically in the areas of 60-65.
Original post by ILM16
Doesn't matter about the axis, gradient is always Delta Y / Delta X.

In this case that was 12/4, hence 3.

Giving you log y = 3 log x + c

sounds familiAR.
Original post by ILM16
Yeah but that's why you look carefully and read the question a few times before answering, as you'd realise you just plug the numbers and then add 1 if needed. :smile: I see what you mean however.

Sequences/series can be quite tricky at times but they're always accessible.

so how did you find it :smile:
Reply 389
Original post by AspiringGenius
so how did you find it :smile:

I thought the paper wasn't that difficult, there were a few tricky questions and the sequences question needed some thought.

I could have done better, I got the hard stuff right (it seems) but missed some easy marks! (classic me...)

What about yourself? :smile:
Original post by ILM16
I thought the paper wasn't that difficult, there were a few tricky questions and the sequences question needed some thought.

I could have done better, I got the hard stuff right (it seems) but missed some easy marks! (classic me...)

What about yourself? :smile:

The only ones I know I got wrong were the last one and the trigonometry coordinates (or one set anyway). Idon't thinkI could have done much better tbh. I've stressed so much about this.

is anybody elses school making them klearn C3 now?
Reply 391
The only ones I know I got wrong were the last one and the trigonometry coordinates (or one set anyway). Idon't thinkI could have done much better tbh. I've stressed so much about this.

Fair enough, as long as you're happy with your paper, hopefully get the result you want. :smile:
Original post by ILM16
Fair enough, as long as you're happy with your paper, hopefully get the result you want. :smile:

Hopefully. I needed quite high as I know C1 didn't go so well for me. We'll just see on results day. Ithink I've definately improved upon my mock (D lol, and a low one at that)
Reply 393
Hopefully. I needed quite high as I know C1 didn't go so well for me. We'll just see on results day. Ithink I've definately improved upon my mock (D lol, and a low one at that)

That's good to hear, what are your other modules?
Original post by ILM16
That's good to hear, what are your other modules?

I only do Maths (med schools hate on FM for reasons beyond me) but I have Biology and Chemistry left.
Reply 395
I only do Maths (med schools hate on FM for reasons beyond me) but I have Biology and Chemistry left.

I meant like did you do S1/M1/D1? :smile:
Reply 396

ewww C3!

time for coursework for the first time :frown:
ewww?

C3 is when the party starts!

Just think of AS as the warm up act :colone:
did anyone get the last question about the ratios?
Reply 399
Original post by mattparker
did anyone get the last question about the ratios?

See below

Original post by Wood Pulp
To do the ratios question you had to use the nth term of a geometric series for each of a and r to get

10 x 0.6^n-1 : 15 x 0.4^n-1

then you take out a factor of 0.4 and 0.6 to give

10 x 0.6 x 0.6^n-2 : 15 x 0.4 x 0.4^n-2

= 6 x 0.6^n-2 : 6 x 0.4^n-2

= 0.6^n-2 : 0.4^n-2

= 3^n-2 : 2^n-2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending