The Student Room Group

OCR C2 Exam May 18th 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by katles
Ohhh right yeah. Thank you! But in the mark scheme it said ABC = 360 – (150 + 110) = 100 and I was wondering how the 150 came about?

Oh I really don't know! bit strange! for the next bits did you Cosine rule for part ii) then sine rule for part iii)
Original post by peachesandcream77
did anyone do solomon papers.... ?

What actually are the Solomon papers?
Reply 182
Original post by rhydspence
What kind of questions are they likely to ask on special triangles and trig ratios of 30, 45 and 60 degrees? I don't think I've found any past paper questions but apparently we should know them :L

I don't know them. Didn't really think we needed to, I mean, that's what a calculator is for? :P
Personally I'm hoping for a big log question, and a big graph question worth quite a few marks each, and I hope the AP/GP questions are straight forward, I find they can potentially be horrible (for example May 2009 question 9), good luck to everyone taking it though!
Reply 184
Original post by laurenb11
Oh I really don't know! bit strange! for the next bits did you Cosine rule for part ii) then sine rule for part iii)

yeah I used cosine rule for part ii), the mark scheme uses the sine rule for part iii) but I'm confused about that!
Original post by BillyFord188
Personally I'm hoping for a big log question, and a big graph question worth quite a few marks each, and I hope the AP/GP questions are straight forward, I find they can potentially be horrible (for example May 2009 question 9), good luck to everyone taking it though!

There hasnt been a very hard GP/AP question since 2009, so I would not be suprised if you fear came true tommorrow :wink:

I dont mind a big log question, as long as it isnt in some weird format, if its hard but with stuff I know then I dont mind... if I have to guess myself through it i'll be sad.
Reply 186
Original post by katles
yeah I used cosine rule for part ii), the mark scheme uses the sine rule for part iii) but I'm confused about that!

You'd do sinB/b = sinC/c to angle at C. You'd then need to minus that from 360 to get the bearing, i think :biggrin:
Original post by EllHv1
I don't know them. Didn't really think we needed to, I mean, that's what a calculator is for? :P

Yeah they do seem a bit pointless! Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know them xD
Reply 188
Original post by BillyFord188

What is AP/GP?!
Reply 189
Original post by rhydspence
Yeah they do seem a bit pointless! Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know them xD

Exactly! I can kinda remember the triangles if necessary, but I really can't even see how they could ask a question on them? :lol:
Reply 190
HELP!! how do you find the area above a curve??/ :O
Reply 191
Original post by megank
HELP!! how do you find the area above a curve??/ :O

Do you mean using integration to find the areas between a curve and the x or y axis?
Reply 192
In the Jan 2012 paper how to do question 13 ii) ???
Reply 193
Original post by EllHv1

I think they tend not to ask the special triangle questions because you can use a calculator. :smile: But I seem to remember doing a bit of it in C3.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 194
Willing to put money down that one of the big end questions is a Geometric tomorrow. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong though.
Reply 195
Seriously guys, What is AP/GP?!
Reply 196
Original post by 0day

Arithmetic Progression/Geometric Progression
Reply 197
Original post by 0day

AP - Arithmetic Series

Constantly adding 5 on, the nth term is 5n+3.

GP - Geometric Series

Constantly multiplying by 2 (the common ratio), the nth term is 3x2^(n-1)

All the formulas are in the book...

all you may need to know is that sigma, which is a greek S means "sum of" - and the formula is in the book.

Also... general form: a + a+d + a+2d + a+3d + a+4d + ...

where a is the first term and d is the common difference each time.

Also: a + ar + ar^2 + ar3 + ar4 + arn-1

where a again is the first term and r is the common ratio like mentioned above.

Pretty much it.
(edited 11 years ago)
hmm dont know if i should stay up and do a bit more or wake up earlier.. ?
Reply 199
Original post by peachesandcream77
hmm dont know if i should stay up and do a bit more or wake up earlier.. ?

Wake up earlier. I think I'm going to bed.

To be honest, what you don't know now, is probably not going to be known for tomorrow. :redface: Last thing you wanna do is overwork it.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending