The Student Room Group

Higher French 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Scottish Shinigami
Does anyone remember their listening answers, I could really use the comparison, I am worrying that I am on the A/B border and might have missed too many marks.

I remember the majority of mine, I can post them if you want? a few of them are quite iffy though as I wasn't sure and had to guess though :redface:
Original post by rawragee
I remember the majority of mine, I can post them if you want? a few of them are quite iffy though as I wasn't sure and had to guess though :redface:

That would be really nice, mine were iffy too :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by Scottish Shinigami
That would be really nice, mine were iffy too :smile:

okay, I'll have a go! :smile: I'll write everything I remember, may mess up the order etc though :/

1.a) she got to improve her English
b) She didn't know anyone in the country so she had to talk to young people and learn the language through chatting to them (?) that was an iffy one!
2. she got to see how young people live in Scotland
3. a)In France they only have two main meals - lunch and dinner - while in Scotland we eat a lot more and snack more often
b) Instead of eating in the canteen at 12, she went to town and bought food from shops
4. She came home at 3.30pm instead of 5pm and she had less homework
5. she missed her friends in France
6.a) the Scottish accent is difficult to understand and she didn't speak the language well (?) I didn't hear the second point so guessed the last one:redface:
b) the family she stayed with were understanding and she met lots of people her own age at school (?) I didn't get this one either
c) she went to a youth club where she played team sports and she joined a choir
7. She was happy to go back to France to see her friends and her family

I've missed a few I know, and the question numbers may not be right but it's all I can remember! :biggrin: if anyone could help me out or correct me that'd be lovely aha
Original post by rawragee
okay, I'll have a go! :smile: I'll write everything I remember, may mess up the order etc though :/

1.a) she got to improve her English
b) She didn't know anyone in the country so she had to talk to young people and learn the language through chatting to them (?) that was an iffy one!
2. she got to see how young people live in Scotland
3. a)In France they only have two main meals - lunch and dinner - while in Scotland we eat a lot more and snack more often
b) Instead of eating in the canteen at 12, she went to town and bought food from shops
4. She came home at 3.30pm instead of 5pm and she had less homework
5. she missed her friends in France
6.a) the Scottish accent is difficult to understand and she didn't speak the language well (?) I didn't hear the second point so guessed the last one:redface:
b) the family she stayed with were understanding and she met lots of people her own age at school (?) I didn't get this one either
c) she went to a youth club where she played team sports and she joined a choir
7. She was happy to go back to France to see her friends and her family

I've missed a few I know, and the question numbers may not be right but it's all I can remember! :biggrin: if anyone could help me out or correct me that'd be lovely aha

Thanks, I didn't do very well at all if you're right :L
For the question about differences between her lunch habits in Scotland and in France, was it that in France she would have her lunch at the canteen at midday whereas in Scotland she went in to town for lunch and sometimes ate at the shops ?
Reply 85
Original post by aroy45
But it's talking about the children being realistic about what they choose to do - singular would infer they all want to do the same thing.

Google translate says it's 'passions' :wink:
Reply 86
Really wouldn't want to predict my mark incase I end up disappointed....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending