London South Bank University
London

Welcome to the new London South bank University forum

Scroll to see replies

Anyone going to do Baking Tech 2017?
London
Anyone applied for nursing at LSBU and passed the interview stage?
Original post by Blackstarr
Anyone applied for nursing at LSBU and passed the interview stage?

Hello @Blackstarr, I have a place at lsbu for adult nursing this September I have passed all stages including application, tests and interview. What is it you would like to know, are you an applicant or going through clearing?
@Blackstarr any nursing specific questions please check out the lsbu nursing pages they are many including my own that I have set up there are several posts and great advice if you so need it :smile:
Original post by J
Hi there, what's your link with lsbu?
How would you like to see this forum used? :smile:

Hi,

I'm a returning student planning on moving back into McLaren in September, just stumbled across this and thought i'd comment on how best to use the forum.

As a first year one of my biggest issues was knowing what to have for Lunch, sometimes a sandwich from Tesco would suffice however other days i found myself desiring a hot meal. With limited cooking experience and equipment i found that the canteen on London Road was my best option due to proximity and fair price, but i'm a very indecisive individual and choosing from the menu is a process which has at times taken up most of my scheduled lunch hour.

Therefore i propose that this forum be updated with daily Lunch specials to remove said indecisiveness. At the moment i have little canteen experience but plan on using the canteen more often next year and feel that if the menu was easily available online with daily specials updates then lunch would be a far more efficient process which i could pre plan into my schedule.

It is a shame that the canteen is not also open in the evening for dinner or weekends, as this would limit my need to travel significantly.

I currently have a selection of restaurants i find suitable for Dinner on a student budget and will share below

mcdonalds - with a student card you are eligible for a complimentary student burger with any meal, therefore for a price of around £3.50, you can pick up a wrap of the day medium meal and cheeseburger. Not bad.

Chillies Tandoori - 7 St George's Rd, London SE1 6HS - open from 12:00 - 03:00 - conveniently located next to McLaren House, a wide range of dishes available and at a very fair price.

Tai Tip Mein - 241 Elephant and Castle, London SE1 6TE (elephant and castle shopping centre) Also conveniently located. For about £8 you can get an all you can eat buffet that is actually not too bad.

Lord Nelson - 243 Union street, London (near southwark station) also conveniently located, one of the best pub restaurants in London, highly recommend, good prices. Daily specials and local ingredients from the famous borough market.

Afghan Kitchen - Angel, overlooking islington green - If you're looking for something different to mix things up this is the place to go - Excellent food, good prices, cosy small restaurant

Cambridge street kitchen - 52 Cambridge St, Pimlico, London SW1V 4QQ (not too far) Really good breakfasts, ideal way to start the day with traditional full English aka the Cambridge street kitchen breakfast - also ideal for lunches and dinners. menu changes almost monthly so you never get bored of the food.

Electric diner - Notting hill - excellent place for evenings good prices and enjoyable atmosphere the steaks are cooked to perfection, open kitchen you can watch as the chef prepares your meal from the bar if you wish.

Although this list is brief, i've found that mixing up between just a handful of restaurants is best to keep things interesting, i do not recommend any street foods especially not Caribbean, as the Jerk chicken sold in the park near Waterloo station is far to hot and thus not enjoyable at all.

There are many other good places for evening meals it's just a case of exploring and finding the ones that suit you, that is what first year is for!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 245
Is LSBU good for child nursing??
Lsbu isn't good for anything.
LSBU is a great univeristy, i have studied here for 3 years.
So did I, huge amount of cheating, the university has no integrity what so ever. LSBU is probably the only university that you can get caught with a phone twice in your final year and still get a first. And on that note, they also give first out like they are going out of fashion. I have now gone to a good university for my MSC and have realised how poor LSBU really is.
Reply 249
Have an offer for chemical and petroleum engineering. Can anyone tell me how it is.
Anybody applied for accounting and finance?
I'm starting at LSBU in September to study Occupational Therapy at Postgraduate Level. Anyone else on the same course?
Original post by J
Due to popular demand we've created a forum for LSBU!

Say hello and introduce yourself if you're a current student, if you're looking to apply or if you're just popping by :smile:
---
Connect to LSBU here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:

Just joined thanks !
Original post by apatel01
I'm starting at LSBU in September to study Occupational Therapy at Postgraduate Level. Anyone else on the same course?

@apatel01 we look forward to seeing you soon!

Please feel free to speak to some of our current students to discuss life at LSBU - https://www.lsbu.ac.uk/student-life/chat

LSBU Team
Hey, can anyone give me some advice on cost of living bursaries or student loans we can get?
I have been looking at accommodation and it’s super expensive!

Obviously a part time job won’t go a miss, but do LSBU offer loans??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending