The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Welcome to the new London South bank University forum

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amb77
Oh really, that's so confusing! I don't know what to do now haha I wish they would email us to let us all know, I don't have a clue what ones I have had or not. Thank you :smile:

Me too! I feel so 'in the dark' ATM! Em x

Posted from TSR Mobile
London
Reply 61
Original post by Pipsqueak :)
Me too! I feel so 'in the dark' ATM! Em x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Although on the vaccination guideline letter online it says "it is your responsibility to provide evidence from your GP Orr make the necessary arrangements for these vaccinations before the commencement of your course" x
I got told to wait to take vaccines as once you start the course they're and can get pretty pricey, although cant remember where that was from. Ill ask this evening though :smile:

Oh really?! Now im confused ha! I think ill still goto tho nurse anyway. If I have a record of vaccines then hopefully I wont have to have them again!
I wish theyd just send us everything in paper form lol theres too many links to follow!
Reply 64
Original post by katiejanelawlor
I wish theyd just send us everything in paper form lol theres too many links to follow!

Yeah same! I would rather get them done now and out of the way :smile:
Spoke to LSBU at open evening tonight who said we should not get our vaccines yet - when we need to get them we will receive letters :smile: hope that clears up confusion! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spoke to LSBU at open evening tonight who said we should not get our vaccines yet - when we need to get them we will receive letters :smile: hope that clears up confusion! X

Ok I emailed them and got the following responce:
If you refer back to your offer from UCAS, there is a link to down load the OH
Form, for you to have completed by your doctor

To be honest from all of our findings I suspect it doesnt matter what we do as long as we have them (either before or later) and can prove it. Im gonna go ahead with trying to get them now I have an appointment.

SO how was the open day? :biggrin:

Reply 67
Forensic Science anyoneeeeeeee? :smile:
[QUOTE="katiejanelawlor;42261167"]

Ok I emailed them and got the following responce:
If you refer back to your offer from UCAS, there is a link to down load the OH
Form, for you to have completed by your doctor

To be honest from all of our findings I suspect it doesnt matter what we do as long as we have them (either before or later) and can prove it. Im gonna go ahead with trying to get them now I have an appointment.

SO how was the open day? :biggrin:

I didn't get that link on my UCAS as I just checked, I think they must of changed it mid way which is where the confusion is coming in!

Open evening was really good, I feel a lot more in the know now ... As everything was a little unclear but the showed us our rough timetables, gave us some answers about accommodation, bursaries and that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
[QUOTE=":);42263541" Pipsqueak="Pipsqueak"]

I didn't get that link on my UCAS as I just checked, I think they must of changed it mid way which is where the confusion is coming in!

Open evening was really good, I feel a lot more in the know now ... As everything was a little unclear but the showed us our rough timetables, gave us some answers about accommodation, bursaries and that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know if there will be any other open evenings? The open day is mid June which is in the middle of exams :/
[QUOTE="Amb77;42264031"]

Do you know if there will be any other open evenings? The open day is mid June which is in the middle of exams :/

I'm not sure, your best bet would be to phone and ask, or check the website.

Is that an offer holders open day or general as I would recommend trying to go to an offer holders if possible as it was a lot different but I learnt a lot more than on normal open day in October :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
[QUOTE=":);42264870" Pipsqueak="Pipsqueak"]
Original post by Amb77

I'm not sure, your best bet would be to phone and ask, or check the website.

Is that an offer holders open day or general as I would recommend trying to go to an offer holders if possible as it was a lot different but I learnt a lot more than on normal open day in October :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just general I think, I can't see any offer holding ones but I will email them and ask :smile:

Ohhh ok! that would explain it! hehehe
Im very jealous they gave a rough timetable idea- do you remember anything about that?! Im dying to know heeheheee. Apparently im too impatient about these things, but personallly I think its being organised :smile:
[QUOTE="Amb77;42265014"]

Just general I think, I can't see any offer holding ones but I will email them and ask :smile:

Let me know when you know! I may have to get myself to one!
Reply 74
[QUOTE="katiejanelawlor;42276075"]
Original post by Amb77

Let me know when you know! I may have to get myself to one!

They just sent a link to the general one, so maybe there are not any more offer holding ones :frown:
[QUOTE="Amb77;42280688"]

They just sent a link to the general one, so maybe there are not any more offer holding ones :frown:

Ok thankyouu! :smile:
Reply 76
Hi, does anyone know when the course begins for diagnostic radiography? And do we move in on the same day? Thank you :smile:
Reply 77
Hi guys!

Got an unconditional to study adult nursing at lsbu for sept 2013 intake! Deffo firming.. anyone know what happens yet?
Nikki: that's such a pain, although at least you have a place somewhere as I know quite a few people who haven't :frown:. Can you appeal the decision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im still awaiting a decision at Anglua Ruskin as I was interviewed there in the sexing week if Feb and I have an interview at UOE next month. I have secured a bank work HVA role at my local hospital as a backup plan! I did send a letter if reconsideration to LSBU but they stated it was the clinicians at placement who refused to work with me, the same clinicians I will work alongside in my HCA work! Then they wrote that I cannot reapply til 2018! I have made no secret of my misdemeanour and an paying for it heavily.
Original post by adultnursenikki
Im still awaiting a decision at Anglua Ruskin as I was interviewed there in the sexing week if Feb and I have an interview at UOE next month. I have secured a bank work HVA role at my local hospital as a backup plan! I did send a letter if reconsideration to LSBU but they stated it was the clinicians at placement who refused to work with me, the same clinicians I will work alongside in my HCA work! Then they wrote that I cannot reapply til 2018! I have made no secret of my misdemeanour and an paying for it heavily.

That's such a shame but sounds like you've got yourself sorted with other interviews and HCA if that doesn't work out... Really hope you get where you want to be. :wink: Good Luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending