The Student Room Group

AQA Law Unit 4

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by govarkarim
primary victims
simmons v british steel - employer liable for all damage in a work placement

page v smith - as long as physical injury is reasonably foreseeable then claimant can claim for personal injury even though personal injury was not foreseeable

white v cc of south yorkshire - must be in personal danger, otherwise they are bystanders.

secondary victims
alcock v cc south yorkshire - not in danger but witnessed the event or were in the immediate aftermath

alcock rules - close tie of love and affection - bourhill v young - bystandars are unlikely to claim.

Proximity - mcloughlin v o'brian - must be at the scene or in its immediate aftermath

must have witnessed the incident with your own unaided senses.

Injury must be caused by sudden shock - sion v hampstead health authority.

Original post by clare1994
here you go

thank you!
Reply 61
Original post by aysha.19
* ferguson v dawson
* stevenon, jordan and harrison v macdonald
* massey v crown life insurance ltd
* young & woods v west
* ready mixed concrete ltd v minister of pensions
* bayler v manchester railway co.
* twine v bean's express ltd
* whatman v pearson
* lister v hesley hall
* warren v henley's ltd

Looking though my notes i wouldn't personally use warren v henley's...
It's quite an old case and conficts with the more recent case Mattis v Pollock
Reply 62
Original post by aysha.19
thank you!

Welcome :smile:
Original post by Clare1994
Here you go

These are great thank you!
Reply 64
Original post by Jellybeany
These are great thank you!

Welcome :smile:
Does anyone have a vicarious structure? It's the only one i'm not sure on how to answer :\
Reply 66
Looking though my notes i wouldn't personally use warren v henley's...
It's quite an old case and conficts with the more recent case Mattis v Pollock

oh... thanks for pointing that out, i'd use mattis v pollock then.
Reply 67
I am actually dreading this exam, I feel like I've barely done anything on concepts :/ ah well, at least I only need a B for Uni as an A in this one isn't likely...
Reply 68
Does anyone have any good revision site or model answers???

what are your techniques for revising for this exam?
Reply 69
Just thought I would attatch a fault essay I wrote which my tutor marked as 27/30 hope it helps! :smile:

Fault essay[1].doc
Original post by sophie99
Just thought I would attatch a fault essay I wrote which my tutor marked as 27/30 hope it helps! :smile:

Fault essay[1].doc

Thankyou! My teacher hasn't finished teaching this yet, so this a big help. :smile:
Reply 71
So far i've typed down cases for psychiatric harm, economic loss and vicarious liability...
Got 40 cases down and already bored of typing them out!!!
How was your first exam? My first proper exam isn't till next wednesday (I don't count general studies as a proper exam haha)

Hey it wasnt too bad actually thanks i was extremely nervous i think because these last ones depend whether you get in uni or not! but overall i think it went quite well a lot of people on the thread have said theyve messed up on it (it was psychology) but i dont think iv done too bad..
worrying about law thoo because i need 86/100 to get in uni on this exam!
Reply 73
Original post by JessChappers01
Hey it wasnt too bad actually thanks i was extremely nervous i think because these last ones depend whether you get in uni or not! but overall i think it went quite well a lot of people on the thread have said theyve messed up on it (it was psychology) but i dont think iv done too bad..
worrying about law thoo because i need 86/100 to get in uni on this exam!

what did you get for your other law units?
Just did a past paper in which on the a) bit of a scenario I had to talk about theft, robbery, criminal damage & aggarvated criminal damage AND duress in 25 minutes. I only got up to robbery and then 25 minutes was up. :frown:
Original post by Pensivedore
Just did a past paper in which on the a) bit of a scenario I had to talk about theft, robbery, criminal damage & aggarvated criminal damage AND duress in 25 minutes. I only got up to robbery and then 25 minutes was up. :frown:

I have the exact same problem, although I do tort.
The time given is annoying.
Reply 76
Original post by Pensivedore

If you have 10 minutes left and you're nowhere near done, bullet point. Trust me, I did that when I ran out of time in Unit 3 and I got 85/100, because it helps to have the content and application there rather than not at all. Also, the chief examiner says you should be able to do theft in 12 minutes, and it's true, you can. My law teacher went to a big meeting with the examiners and that's what she said, and then she timed us to do theft.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by .gina
If you have 10 minutes left and you're nowhere near done, bullet point. Trust me, I did that when I ran out of time in Unit 3 and I got 85/100, because it helps to have the content and application there rather than not at all. Also, the chief examiner says you should be able to do theft in 12 minutes, and it's true, you can. My law teacher went to a big meeting with the examiners and that's what she said, and then she timed us to do theft.

How can you do theft in 12 minutes? There is so much to write about...
Wow by writing theft in 12 minutes this would definitely save me some time! Do we need to not go into full detail?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by govarkarim
what did you get for your other law units?

Hey i got on unit 2 which we sat first so it was my first exam hence the lower grade i got 74/100 .. unit 1 i got 80/100 unit 3 81/100 :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by help pls
How can you do theft in 12 minutes? There is so much to write about...
Wow by writing theft in 12 minutes this would definitely save me some time! Do we need to not go into full detail?

What are you actually talking about in your theft answer? If you let me know that I can tell you what you don't need to include :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending