The Student Room Group

Statistics GCSE edexcel Monday 18th June exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
anyone please!!!???
Original post by rradia
what were the grade boundries laat year need help please!! A*-, A-, B-, C-. Also what is am mark of 66 in grade.

Last year and in the mock I did this year, A* was something like 81/80. but the mark required varies depending on your coursework mark (unless you're on a different board, in which case I have absolute NO idea :biggrin: ).
In terms of JUST the exam and ignoring coursework marks, I think 66 is an A, based on the mock I did grade boundaries
Original post by ajmal
I also have this exam on monday, but it says my exam is 2 hours long not 2:30 hours. Is this the same has everyone else or not.

Yeah ive been wondering the same, tomorrows the exam and ive been told its 2 hours, which is unlike all the past papers :/
Reply 83
Original post by rradia
what were the grade boundries laat year need help please!! A*-, A-, B-, C-. Also what is am mark of 66 in grade.

MAX: 100 A*-81 A-63 B-44 C-26 D-16

so 66 is an A :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by Farwa Naseer Shah
Yeah ive been wondering the same, tomorrows the exam and ive been told its 2 hours, which is unlike all the past papers :/

Yes tomorrow is 2hours :smile: We are doing a new spec guys :smile:
Original post by iheartonedirection
Last year it was 63 for an A and 44 for a B but that paper was quite easy so possibly lower!

Okay thank you!
Reply 86
Original post by mia_hilton
Bio i think is more important, grade boundaries for statistics are incredibly low - 74% for an A*, and 58% for an A so i wouldn't worry about it , all you need to do is revise the night before hand some of the formulas :smile:

Where did you get these grade boundaries? (lol I don't doubt you, just curious!) :smile:
Original post by SaracenLord
Just started revising haha. Am i the only one that hates statistics with a passion ..?

I hate it as well. I haven't even revised anything. :L
Reply 88
What do I need for this paper to get an A or a B. If I got a low B in the coursework please reply asap.... Thanks alot...
No-one at my school actually knows how to do the harder topics in Statistics. We just used it to fill in 4 lessons a week and now we got an exam tomorrow.

Can anyone give me a spectrum of what you need to know for a Grade A? (<70 Marks)

And one for an A*? (<85 Marks)

I got 32/40 on my coursework but I estimated that these are going to be the grade boundaries that I want.
Reply 90
Original post by hatwoman
Where did you get these grade boundaries? (lol I don't doubt you, just curious!) :smile:

Here's the 2010 grade boundaries http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/1006%20GCSE%20Full%20Course%20(Linear%20Specification)%20Grade%20Boundaries%20Home.pdf - if you did doubt me i wouldnt blame you :wink:

There's a new specification now. Its much harder than what 1389 was. My teacher estimated that 85 would be the A* now and 70 would be the A
Reply 92
Can someone tell me what is predicted to come on the paper please really struggling with Statistics...
Reply 93
What's the formula for spearmens rank coefficient??
Reply 94
I'll post solutions on Tuesday
im really bad at revising ,:frown:proberlly cuz i never revise , any ideas as to how i should be revising right now ??:colondollar:
Reply 96
im just going through the old past papers so I have an idea of what to expect and what the questions are like :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by Thahleel
There's a new specification now. Its much harder than what 1389 was. My teacher estimated that 85 would be the A* now and 70 would be the A

Yeah thats about right :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by brainx
What's the formula for spearmens rank coefficient??

Its given on the sheet :smile:
Reply 99
I'm really scared for this exam :frown: I got a C in my controlled assessment and i effectively need 95 % for an A*! ArggHHhh!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending