The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Statistics Paper 2 Higher Tier (1ST0 2H) - 19th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel GCSE Statistics Paper 2 Higher Tier (1ST0 2H) - Monday 19th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Monday 19th June / PM
Length: 1h 30m
Paper 1

(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone taking Stats this year?
Reply 2
Original post by hasankhwaja

sup
Reply 3

me 2 lol
Reply 4
Original post by Pwca

Edexcel GCSE Statistics Paper 2 Higher Tier (1ST0 2H) - Monday 19th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Monday 19th June / PM
Length: 1h 30m
Paper 1

hello, anyone doing stats here 2023? how is revision going so far?
Reply 5

yep
Reply 6
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 7

Same its so useful , the only good website there is for gcse stats
Reply 8
Yooo
so my maths teacher is goated, went through a copy of paper 1 and took out all of the covered topics, so here's everything that should come up in paper 2.

Sampling methods - 2 way tables - comparative pie charts - box plots - population pyramids - chloropleth maps - cumulative freq/step polygon - pilot studies - control groups - matched pairs - standardiased scores - quality control - stand Dev/variance - box plots - Line of best fit - interpolation/extrapolation - PPMC - Indentifying outliers - bivariate data/scatter graphs - venn diagrams - probability laws - Binomial distribution

Best of luck my dudes. pls like if this helped.
(edited 10 months ago)
Has anyone got any other good websites for exam practise other than stats academy
Reply 10
sup bro,

Original post by Jamespowell1
Has anyone got any other good websites for exam practise other than stats academy

scroll down for individual topic worksheet.
https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/statistics.html

https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/maths-revision/gcse-statistics/questions-edexcel/
on here do set 1 and 2 questions, make sure to the higher level sheets if you're sitting the higher paper.

pls gimmme a like if u found this useful.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 11
I think binomial distributions is going to come up on paper 2
Watch this chat boom after we finished the paper
Reply 13
Original post by jh4rewiujfjwm
Watch this chat boom after we finished the paper

its mainly for discussing answers, although i would expect people to look on here beforehand for some help on the paper.
Reply 14
does anyone have tips on how to tackle analysis/interpret questions and the lengthy 5/6 markers? Would still like a 9 after that paper 1🙏
Reply 15
What answer did your teacher get for the last question?
Reply 16
Original post by Lars360
What answer did your teacher get for the last question?

what u got
Reply 17
Original post by SH124MA
does anyone have tips on how to tackle analysis/interpret questions and the lengthy 5/6 markers? Would still like a 9 after that paper 1🙏

sup bro, like what topic, capture recapture, standardised scores?
gimme a specific topic, and I can give you some advice.
Reply 18
Original post by ibbi7

like they might give us a 5/6 marker on the statistical enquiry cycle and idk if i should include all aspects of it or not, and interpreting as in generally for any question so like ig it should always be in context right? Thanks. I've learnt this course by myself so I've never had a teacher.
Reply 19
Original post by ibbi7

Also, what interpretation/analysis are we suppoed to give of any types of index/weighted index/weighted mean? Also, when they give us P(A and B) = 'x', P(A/B) = 'x' and P(B/A) = 'x' and they ask us to prove whether it's an independent event, how do we go about this? Lastly, is the conditional probability forumula: P(B/A) = P( A and B) / P(A) .... or is it P(A and B) / P(B) ?
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending