The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Exam Unit 1 (C1) 15th June 2012 (New Spec.)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by RohanV
For one of the questions on the last page which asks which two gasses do not condense. Did anyone chose the gasses with a boiling point of higher 200?

Yeahh I did! I put the ones that were higher than 200

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Iain_F
Yes I have just understood now, dammmm :'( there goes one mark, but thank you for helping me understand :biggrin:

s'alright ... although i could be wrong i saw some post taking away 300 and other read off 740 :s-smilie: :s-smilie: but i think im right thats all that matters :biggrin:
Reply 382
Original post by tom.h54321
In January, 38 was an A. Hopefully it's the same this year:smile:

i think it may be lowered, because so many people have found it hard.
Reply 383
i really hope the grade boundaries are low, i really cant see myself getting anymore than half marks, which would usually be like a c ://
Reply 384
This exam was so frickin' hard. I revised all the topics adequately and still found it crazy! D:
Reply 385
for the question that was something like what are the products made when c6h14 is cracked, what did you get? i got c3h6 and c3h8. i think that's wrong though. :/ what did everyone else get?
Reply 386
Original post by allison.
for the question that was something like what are the products made when c6h14 is cracked, what did you get? I got c3h6 and c3h8. I think that's wrong though. :/ what did everyone else get?

c2h4 + c4h10
Reply 387
Original post by Allison.
for the question that was something like what are the products made when c6h14 is cracked, what did you get? i got c3h6 and c3h8. i think that's wrong though. :/ what did everyone else get?

Ethene is c2h4 so the other thing was what was left after that had been subtracted, I didn't understand the balancing bit of it?:s

Reply 388
Original post by tom.h54321
In January, 38 was an A. Hopefully it's the same this year:smile:

was that this january

Original post by IIncognito
I'm leaving now, I don't have time to give answers for all the questions, for the one about the graph:

Look at the x axis, find 300. Go up, do not stop at the first curve/line, this is not what you are looking for. Continue to the one above it, go to the left. 750 - 300 = 450.

If you put 450 it was correct.

Actually it was 250, coz the question said the diffderence between the 2 lines gives u the answer so it must have been:

750-500 = 250!!!

(I'M DEFINITELY SURE ABOUT THAT ONE COZ I ASKED MY CHEMISTRY TEACHER AFTER THE EXAM ND SHE SAID "LOGICALLY SPEAKING, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 250kg if you did the calculations and interpreting correctly, which being tripple science top set, i'm pretty sure u all have got it right!" (exact word- sorry 4 writting in capitals LOL!)
If I'm wrong, I BLAME THE TEACHER!!!!!
Reply 390
Usually if an exam goes badly for me I blame myself but I feel like I revised for this exam so much and although I was nervous, I felt extremely prepared and that I knew the content very well. However, after doing the exam I feel like I've completely failed and am really disappointed that I wasn't able to apply everything I learnt.
I'm really worried, annoyed and upset.
Reply 391
Original post by Ame1
Usually if an exam goes badly for me I blame myself but I feel like I revised for this exam so much and although I was nervous, I felt extremely prepared and that I knew the content very well. However, after doing the exam I feel like I've completely failed and am really disappointed that I wasn't able to apply everything I learnt.

same here, but i think its cause aqa have made the questions really hard this time. but dw, that means the grade boudaries will be lowered meaning you would have atleast got a C hopefully.,

Reply 392
Original post by Iain_F
Ethene is c2h4 so the other thing was what was left after that had been subtracted, I didn't understand the balancing bit of it?:s

im pretty good at balancing equations. i don't remember what it was, but im pretty sure the answer was to put a 2 in front of hcl or something. :smile:
Reply 393
Original post by Navdeep
what did you say was the waste gas? carbon dioxide i wrote

Yh, thats what i put.
Original post by Illumin8
Do you guys think 47-48 would be an A*?

I found the exam generally challenging. It was OK hard for most of it, but some parts (last page) were annoying.

Also, did everyone just put a 2 in the balancing equations? I can't remember what it was exactly, but I remember putting just a 2.

Possibly seeing as AQA aren't allowed to higher their grade boundaries in any given year, but this exam, to some extent was easier than the january paper ( what the HECK was dynamic Mantle!!) so it will be the same, but it may be lower because of the more hard-thinking questions like the last question and the reasons why the Miller-Urey experiment's evidence was weak.
Hopefully 47 is an A*, FINGERS CROSSED!
Reply 395
Original post by Ame1

Word for word, same

Reply 396
Original post by cherrybliss1997
Possibly seeing as AQA aren't allowed to higher their grade boundaries in any given year, but this exam, to some extent was easier than the january paper ( what the HECK was dynamic Mantle!!) so it will be the same, but it may be lower because of the more hard-thinking questions like the last question and the reasons why the Miller-Urey experiment's evidence was weak.
Hopefully 47 is an A*, FINGERS CROSSED!

i found the january exam so easy!! i got 2marks wrong in the whole thing so i really hope the grade boundaries are pretty low for this exam. 43 better be an A

Reply 397
what did everyone put for why miller and ureys experiment was weak ?

Original post by i9l7f
That was definitely hard. Anyone who says it wasn't has to be lying! Haha. I really don't like the way AQA words the questions, I was so confused on the last one :frown: how did you all find it?

It was awfully hard, but 4 some reason, i still say the biology new spec exam on june 12th was a little harder because of it's long questions.

I found this paper harder to understand as I turned the pages.... I DEFINITELY got the 1st question right though.... sooo easy, and this was found in the Higher paper. Lol!
Original post by Saraxo
i found the january exam so easy!! i got 2marks wrong in the whole thing so i really hope the grade boundaries are pretty low for this exam. 43 better be an A

Nope, the boundary 4 an A will either be 38 or 36 or lower depending on wether they've lowered the boundaries

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending