The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yeah, if investment Banking is what you're into then Maths will be one of the best degrees to do, and I know some maths courses have finance modules. But you can do a lot more than that too, I've been speaking to quite a few biologists and the like recently who all say their teams have mathematicians on them and are in high demand, like a neuroscience researcher I was talking to at a christening the other day, whose team leader has a degree in maths. Plus you could always try for GCSQ.
Reply 2
you can become an Actuary...one of the most highly paid professions around...however, it is supposed to hard to pass the actuarial exams! but look into it...seems like a good career :smile:
Reply 3
im doing maths in september, but with finance, so it opens more doors for jobs, can do stuff like financial plannin and wel lots of stuff :redface:)
Reply 4
Maths degrees can open doors in a lot of areas, you could go into pretty much any area of finance, with the right module choices, be employed in the same jobs that physicists do if you take enough applied modules, cryptology seems to be one of the more fun ones, et cetera :smile: .
Reply 5
ran
What sort of job can you get with a mathematics degree
can u get into investment banking

Does a mathematics degree give you many opputunities

Sure it does. :smile:

Cryptology as Casey suggested sounds exciting, or perhaps engineering, or even investment banking. Mathematics trains your mind to think analytically and logically, which is really the purpose of any degree programme. Beyond that, any job-specific skills can be taught when you've taken up the career.

You could go into academic too.
Reply 6
most people go into finance or teaching
there's some stats about somewhere :p:

Latest