The Student Room Group

What are you NOT looking forward to at university?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by High VOLTAGE
Top 5:
London Metropolitan
King's College London
London South Bank
City
LSE

I will learn a form of self defence before attending univeristy methinks

Has to be Fight Walking!
[video="youtube;L8WXh5O_fcY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8WXh5O_fcY[/video]
Reply 181
I'm not looking forward to meeting anyone who uses the words "Banter", "Lad", "Dubstep", or "Yolo".
Reply 182
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I'm trying to do that too. So far the furthest I've got is belting out songs from Cabaret as I walk down the street. But I do that anyway. :dance: Next step is to start dancing with chairs at my work. Should entertain a few people. :wink:

Haha :P I might have to try that if I ever get over this shyness xD And is that Tom Hiddleston on your icon? :daydreaming:

Original post by Dr. Bassman
Read some books/articles on it. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with 'self-help' guides and stuff. It sounds really lame but you can learn a lot about ways to appear more confident and naturally become more confident. Either way, even if you are super shy you'll still make good friends, so don't worry even if you don't gain confidence.

Yeah, it usually ends up being nowhere near as bad as I build it up to be, and I'll have a few friends on campus, so even if my class sucks I might still be able to spend time with my mates :smile: Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 183
Original post by foolscap
I'm not looking forward to meeting anyone who uses the words "Banter", "Lad", "Dubstep", or "Yolo".

haha same! i find it cringy when ppl live by these
stress :colonhash:
Reply 185
Original post by ellieHA
Meeting people who I don't get on with! That's my biggest fear. I don't want to be clashing with anyone while i'm trying to get on with my life.

Completely this^

Would hate to be stuck with a bunch of depressive unsocials who slyly steal my cheetos from the cupboard and stuffs :frown:
Original post by noniona
Haha :P I might have to try that if I ever get over this shyness xD And is that Tom Hiddleston on your icon? :daydreaming:

You should. It's so fun. One day I will be able to do the dance from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers where they're all swinging axes. :lol: And then I remember that will get me arrested.

And yes, it is the most beautiful icon in the world. :love:
Original post by foolscap

Eugh. I hate yolo. No, no, no. Go away.
Reply 188
Eugh. I hate yolo. No, no, no. Go away.

Oh, I joined a facebook group for my university a few days ago, and EVERYONE uses 'yolo' and 'banter'. If that group is representative of the entire uni then I'm not gonna have fun :|

You should. It's so fun. One day I will be able to do the dance from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers where they're all swinging axes. :lol: And then I remember that will get me arrested.

And yes, it is the most beautiful icon in the world. :love:

Haha, my mum loves that film. She's always watching it :') And oh my god, isn't he incredible? He has the greatest smile I've ever seen :love:
Original post by Brownie anyone?
English literature for me too! Thank you, I don't see why people needlessly apply two pronunciations to a word that clearly has a perfectly adequate one already :smile:

You're going to be very annoyed at university, then - there are hundreds of words that have different pronunciations depending on region and the age of the person saying them! I didn't even know there was an alternative to the "scone-rhymes-with-cone" version until I started working in a bakery, because everyone I know says it that way instead :tongue:
Original post by noniona
Oh, I joined a facebook group for my university a few days ago, and EVERYONE uses 'yolo' and 'banter'. If that group is representative of the entire uni then I'm not gonna have fun :|

Haha, my mum loves that film. She's always watching it :') And oh my god, isn't he incredible? He has the greatest smile I've ever seen :love:

I joined a group for my uni as well, but there's no yolo on that. All over twitter though. *bangs head against wall* Which uni are you going to?

It's such a good film. Especially Howard Keel. Voice of an angel. Tom Hiddleston, on the other hand, is basically a god. :lol: He really does. :love:
Reply 191
I joined a group for my uni as well, but there's no yolo on that. All over twitter though. *bangs head against wall* Which uni are you going to?

It's such a good film. Especially Howard Keel. Voice of an angel. Tom Hiddleston, on the other hand, is basically a god. :lol: He really does. :love:

Aye, I've seen it a bunch of times because of my mum haha. I'm convinced that Tom really is Loki, sent to Earth to observe us.. or something :')
Hopefully I'll find someone who shares my aversion to terms like that haha, and I'm going to Teesside uni, yourself? :smile:
Original post by noniona
Aye, I've seen it a bunch of times because of my mum haha. I'm convinced that Tom really is Loki, sent to Earth to observe us.. or something :')
Hopefully I'll find someone who shares my aversion to terms like that haha, and I'm going to Teesside uni, yourself? :smile:

I just watch it loads because I love it. :lol: Haha, same! It's getting to the point where I might just start worshipping Norse gods. :wink: But still, he's just lovely in every way. :love:

There are loads of people who hate "Yolo", I'm pretty sure we're not alone :ninja: Awesome, what are you going to study? I'm going to UEA. :biggrin:
Reply 193
Original post by Dr. Bassman
- Obnoxious posh kids.

... You do realise there are obnoxious people from all backgrounds?

Would you still write obnoxious "common" kids?
Reply 194
The money problems. I'll be living off baked bean tins for three years with no new clothes...fun. :P
Original post by codle
Me too!
Part of it may be that I'm not really into clubbing etc, so I'm worried that everyone else will be and I'll just end up sitting in my room while everyone else is out :P

haha, i'm not majorly into clubbing either! I love drinking, but i much prefer sitting around talking getting to know everyone whilst drinking, i'm definitely not the clubbing type!
Original post by Iron Lady
... You do realise there are obnoxious people from all backgrounds?

Would you still write obnoxious "common" kids?

You've misinterpreted what I've written. I'm talking about kids who are obnoxiously posh. I find poshness kind of annoying in the first place but I don't have anything against posh people as long as they're nice.
Money
Failing
Workload
Reply 198
Original post by Smerky
Completely this^

Would hate to be stuck with a bunch of depressive unsocials who slyly steal my cheetos from the cupboard and stuffs :frown:

I'm not too worried about cheetos to be honest, more the aggressive dominant types :P I don't get on with people like that
Reply 199
9am lectures!!

when i talk to my friends who are already at uni, every one of them has complained about it, and me being a completely lazy slob, i'll probably struggle to make them! lol and most of my friends skipped most of their 9am's in the first term. i wil try and go for all of them because they'll definitely be worth it in the long-run when it comes to exam prepping in april/may

also, i worry i may not have time to do like extre-curricular stuff cos i'll be too busy with my course :frown: i hope this is not the case cos i'd love to play a sport and maybe get a part-time job? we'll see how it goes anyhow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending