The Student Room Group

Messed up no idea what I should do know

Just got my results and ive failed my first year at Uni the letter says I can resit in the next exam unit next may because i failed 3 out of the four units. I have no work experience either and if I dont pass this time I dont know what to do I feel like i have little or no options
The obvious one is: work harder.
If you couldn't manage first year exams, do you really want to be investing all that money into the whole degree?
Reply 2
What are your interests and skills? You can surely make a career out of them (musician, businessman, etc).
Reply 3
skills non really come to mind as for interests i like reading, football, music, and watching MMA and boxing. I did work hard its just that I choose the wrong subjects and im just not very academic.
What did you chose? If academia doesn't interest you, e.g. there's nothing you particularly wish to do, perhaps take a job? Something like an office job, or something full-time, where you can work your way up? It's like academia, but you use your wits rather than needing to take exams and so forth. Just an option I thought I'd put forward, feel free to let us know more as to where your mind's at.
Original post by AndroidLight
What did you chose? If academia doesn't interest you, e.g. there's nothing you particularly wish to do, perhaps take a job? Something like an office job, or something full-time, where you can work your way up? It's like academia, but you use your wits rather than needing to take exams and so forth. Just an option I thought I'd put forward, feel free to let us know more as to where your mind's at.

How do you expect him to get an office job!!

Firstly I don't think at his age he will get a job in an office environment. Secondly he doesn't have any particularly outstanding office qualifications.

Plus look at the economy over 60% of students are unemployed!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Just got my results and ive failed my first year at Uni the letter says I can resit in the next exam unit next may because i failed 3 out of the four units. I have no work experience either and if I dont pass this time I dont know what to do I feel like i have little or no options

That happens for some people. You need to take a step back and reevaluate how you revise and work for your course.

A few people in my year had to retake their entire year. You still have the opportunity to turn it around.

During your free time you could get a job related to your course to help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending