The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Changing course for lower requirements

I’m predicted A*A*A*A but I messed up and probably getting A*ABD , my offer is for EEE Meng at Loughborough and I need AAA, what are my chances at getting in with a B, would the D decrease my chances even though it’s a 4th subject, and do you think I could send them an email asking to switch the course to Beng where the requirement is ABB. I’m panicking slightly now, what do you think? Anyone with similar experience get into Loughborough?
Original post by Nobutyes
I’m predicted A*A*A*A but I messed up and probably getting A*ABD , my offer is for EEE Meng at Loughborough and I need AAA, what are my chances at getting in with a B, would the D decrease my chances even though it’s a 4th subject, and do you think I could send them an email asking to switch the course to Beng where the requirement is ABB. I’m panicking slightly now, what do you think? Anyone with similar experience get into Loughborough?

Unless the D is in a subject they specify a grade in, it doesnt count towards your offer. Even if you failed it wouldnt mean anything. A*AB should be good enough as long as the A* and A are in maths and physics (i assume).

Its a good idea to change to a BEng if you can though. I applied to BEngs only as then I can go to a different uni for a masters or just ask to change my course to an MEng if I feel like it. You can always ask to change to a BEng now and change it back once you start
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
The D is in fm which is not specified in the offer, and the A*A is maths and physics with B in chemistry, so yeah that might be alright. I think I might change down to Beng for lower requirements. Thanks for your reply
Original post by user8937264980
Unless the D is in a subject they specify a grade in, it doesnt count towards your offer. Even if you failed it wouldnt mean anything. A*AB should be good enough as long as the A* and A are in maths and physics (i assume).

Its a good idea to change to a BEng if you can though. I applied to BEngs only as then I can go to a different uni for a masters or just ask to change my course to an MEng if I feel like it. You can always ask to change to a BEng now and change it back once you start
Original post by Nobutyes
The D is in fm which is not specified in the offer, and the A*A is maths and physics with B in chemistry, so yeah that might be alright. I think I might change down to Beng for lower requirements. Thanks for your reply

hi @Nobutyes

Great to hear you want to come to Loughborough!

The team here on TSR don't work in admissions so i would suggest emailing [email protected] with you UCAS ID number and full name and they should be able to help you.

Hope this helped and if you have any other questions just let us know :smile:

Jess
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending