The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

The hollies uwe bristol 2012

Wondering if anyone using TSR these days is attending UWE in September as a fresher and will be staying at the Hollies, or in Fishponds?
Reply 1
Hey, I stayed in the hollies last year, and some friends of mine stayed in fishponds privately.

The hollies is lovely halls, a bit rough and frayed at the edges, but there is a much bigger sense of community than at the frenchay halls.

I won't lie to you, fishponds is not a nice place! it's prefectly safe but there is just nothing there except a weatherspoons, a KFC and a morrisons supermarket haha. But you can easily get the U3 bus into town from right outside the hollies :smile:

It's quieter and this means you have much less bother if you want to study hard. You also can get away with more things if you know what I mean. A chilled 20 minute walk through a pretty field and your at uni!

I loved it, I'd stay there again if I could! Enjoy your time :biggrin: (I was in room F, flat 102 block 1!)
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you for that! yeah I was told the highlight was a coffee shop- but I was expecting to see not much outside of the city centre!
That is good to hear about the sense of community, and I am looking forward to it!
Reply 3
Hi there (: I will be staying at the Hollies Flat 205 (: What about you?
Reply 4
im staying in the Hollies :smile:
Reply 5
i am also staying in the hollies. however what room are people staying in as i want to know who i will be sharing a flat with? cheers guys.
Reply 6
im in block 5 flat 203 i think
Reply 7
Original post by nijisarr
Hey, I stayed in the hollies last year, and some friends of mine stayed in fishponds privately.

The hollies is lovely halls, a bit rough and frayed at the edges, but there is a much bigger sense of community than at the frenchay halls.

I won't lie to you, fishponds is not a nice place! it's prefectly safe but there is just nothing there except a weatherspoons, a KFC and a morrisons supermarket haha. But you can easily get the U3 bus into town from right outside the hollies :smile:

It's quieter and this means you have much less bother if you want to study hard. You also can get away with more things if you know what I mean. A chilled 20 minute walk through a pretty field and your at uni!

I loved it, I'd stay there again if I could! Enjoy your time :biggrin: (I was in room F, flat 102 block 1!)

Hey do you still see this? Im in room D flat 102 block 1, so 2 down from where you were, whats it like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending