The Student Room Group

UWE Bristol vs Oxford Brookes

I am a 20 year old guy.
I have received offers from both UWE Bristol and Oxford Brookes.
I will study Law (as I want to become a barrister).

My question is which offer should I accept? I know Oxford has a reputation but Bristol seems more appealing in general when it comes to living expenses

Rent in Oxford is also more expensive and less appealing, I prefer a nice small cosy apartment for an affordable price.

Bristol also seems to have more things to pick from to do in your free time.

Bristol also has beaches, Oxford doesn't.

TL;DR: Oxford Brookes or Bristol UWE? Which and why?
(edited 3 years ago)
i think you should go for oxford brookes
Reply 2
Hi I also got an offer from uwe Bristol for aerospace engineering but idk if I should take that offer?!?!?
Reply 3
First of is uwe good

Second of I’m just scared that I won’t be capable of handling aerospace engineering cuz I get like C’s and b’s for a-levels :frown:(
Brookes. Better Uni, more interesting city.
UWE is really not that good and a Law degree from there is pretty much a waste of ££.

PS. Bristol doesnt any have beaches,
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
Brookes. Better Uni, more interesting city.
UWE is really not that good and a Law degree from there is pretty much a waste of ££.

PS. Bristol doesnt any have beaches,

Now I’m SOOOOOO confused 😅

Because some people are telling me that uwe Is really good in terms of engineering

Apparently it beats city uni of London

But now others sayin its not good? 🤔
wonder which oxford brookes or uwe fanboy reported my post lol

i'll write it again: both are pretty bad and i doubt that they'll be of help in becoming a barrister. unless you want to be one of the barristers that earns less than minimum wage doing criminal stuff on legal aid and then cries about the evil tories to the guardian :colondollar:
Reply 7
Original post by EU Yakov

i'll write it again: both are pretty bad and i doubt that they'll be of help in becoming a barrister. unless you want to be one of the barristers that earns less than minimum wage doing criminal stuff on legal aid and then cries about the evil tories to the guardian :colondollar:

Dw I didn’t report you lmao, I ain’t a fan of either yet I’m just confused why some people telling me uwe is good and others na

Also, I’m talking about the engineering side, apparently uwe is known for that?
Original post by Biskwit
Dw I didn’t report you lmao, I ain’t a fan of either yet I’m just confused why some people telling me uwe is good and others na

Also, I’m talking about the engineering side, apparently uwe is known for that?

i'm sure it wasn't you, it's probably some other bored person on here

i think oxford brookes is better known for engineering but only motorsport and related engineering? also architecture
Original post by Biskwit

Because some people are telling me that uwe Is really good in terms of engineering

This thread was started by someone asking about *Law*. and its a thread on the *Law* forum.
Therefore the answers relate to Law.

For Engineering, Bristol University is far better than UWE but if you dont have the grades for that and want to be in Bristol, UWE is perfectly okay.
Original post by EU Yakov
i'm sure it wasn't you, it's probably some other bored person on here

i think oxford brookes is better known for engineering but only motorsport and related engineering? also architecture

That person probably banging out fortnite rn lolll

Yeaaaaa they don’t have aero tho

But I looked at the motor thing, looked pretty maddddd 👌
Original post by McGinger
This thread was started by someone asking about *Law*. and its a thread on the *Law* forum.
Therefore the answers relate to Law.

For Engineering, Bristol University is far better than UWE but if you dont have the grades for that and want to be in Bristol, UWE is perfectly okay.

Oohhh my bad 😅

And would you say is uwe respect then in terms of engineering
Reply 12
What about LLM in Commercial Law and Trade course? I got offer letter from both but now confused about deciding one. I am an International Student and wish to do Ph.D after an LLM. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply 13
Original post by eu yakov

i'll write it again: Both are pretty bad and i doubt that they'll be of help in becoming a barrister. Unless you want to be one of the barristers that earns less than minimum wage doing criminal stuff on legal aid and then cries about the evil tories to the guardian :colondollar:

shut up tory ****

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending