Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Greenwich or UWE bristol or De Montfort uni

Need review which university is better for Master degree
-De Montfort University or
-UWE Bristol university or
-university of Greenwhich (Medway campus)
-Bournemouth university
I'm a little bit confused about what university should I go, I'm an international student.
Thank you for your help
Original post by Anonymous
-Bournemouth university
I'm a little bit confused about what university should I go, I'm an international student.
Thank you for your help

Hey there!

As a second-year undergraduate international student at De Montfort University (DMU), I can share some insights about the university that might help you in your decision-making process. Although I haven't experienced the master's program myself yet, I can tell you about the advantages of studying at DMU.

One of the great things about DMU is its strong industry connections. The university has established partnerships with various companies and organizations, providing students with opportunities for internships, placements, and networking. This can be incredibly beneficial for your future career prospects, as you'll have the chance to gain practical experience and make valuable connections in your chosen field.

DMU also has a reputation for its supportive learning environment. The faculty and staff are dedicated to helping students succeed and provide guidance throughout their academic journey. Whether it's through one-on-one support or access to resources, you'll have the necessary support to thrive academically.

Additionally, DMU is known for its emphasis on practical learning. The university offers a range of hands-on learning opportunities, including industry projects and real-world simulations. These experiences allow students to apply their knowledge in practical settings, preparing them for the challenges of the professional world.

Another advantage of DMU is its vibrant and diverse campus community. The university celebrates diversity and offers a wide range of student societies and clubs catering to various interests and backgrounds. This provides ample opportunities to meet new people, make friends, and engage in extracurricular activities that enhance your overall university experience.

Lastly, DMU is located in the heart of Leicester, a vibrant and multicultural city in the UK. The city offers a rich cultural scene, with museums, theatres, music venues, and a variety of dining options. It's a great place to explore, socialize, and immerse yourself in British culture.

While considering your options, I would encourage you to thoroughly research each university and their master's programs to ensure they align with your academic and career goals. You may also want to reach out to current or former students from these universities to get firsthand perspectives.
Remember, choosing the right university is a personal decision, and what works for one person may not work for another. Take your time, weigh your options, and trust your instincts.

I wish you the best of luck in your decision-making process, and if you have any more questions about DMU or anything else, feel free to ask!

Best regards,

Ilya, Second-year Cyber Security Student at De Montfort University:biggrin:
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
-Bournemouth university
Thank you for your help

Hi there,

I would recommend visiting the cities these Universities are based in if you can. If you can't look at the websites that detail information about them, for example the following for UWE Bristol.

https://visitbristol.co.uk/

Also take a look at the UWE Bristol website that details the information on the courses, see here - https://www.uwe.ac.uk/courses/find-a-course/postgraduate-courses

There are also post graduate open days you can attend, see the information here - https://www.uwe.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate-study

You may also want to look at the Guardian League tables here - https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2023/sep/09/the-guardian-university-guide-2024-the-rankings

Any more questions feel free to get in touch.

All the best

Martin
Hey Hey!

My name is Will, I'm a BA Media Production Student at Bournemouth University currently on my placement year.
It's great to hear that you are looking at BU as a possibility. While we are a small university, we sure do pack a punch.

Similar to Ilya from DMU, I haven't started on a masters course but it is something I am seriously considering after I graduate.
So instead, i'll share why I love BU so much!

Coming from a small, quiet village in the back and beyond of Norfolk, going to a busy city like London and Manchester felt like too much of a step-up, and being near the coast my whole life, I knew I had to be by the coast for university.
I also had a look into what Universities were the best for my course (Media Production) and Bournemouth had ranked high consistently. And after an open day/campus visit, I was sold!

So what does Bournemouth University have to offer?
While BU itself is a particularly small campus, our estates and leadership teams are continuously investing in industry-leading facilities like our recently opened Poole Gateway Building (new home to Faculty of Media & Communications) & Bournemouth Gateway Building (new home to Faculty of Health & Social Sciences), as well as that, they are always refurbishing existing buildings to save costs and be more environmentally conscious. Our Student's Union (SUBU) is also an incredible organisation that is there to support students with anything they need, they also put on some killer events like our Fresher's Fair and the BU Summer Ball, a mini festival exclusively for BU and AUB (Arts University Bournemouth, our neighbouring university) students.

In terms of Postgraduate study, we have a host of incredible degree's led by our amazing lecturers and staff which you can see here:

Is there an area of study you are particularly interested in?

Best Wishes,
Will - Placement Year Media Production Student @ Bournemouth University
Original post by Anonymous #1
-Bournemouth university
Thank you for your help

Hello! 👋🏻

Defiantly give Ilya's response a read!! 😃

I am a current masters student at De Montfort and honestly I love it here! There is so much support for postgraduate students and I feel so supported and encouraged to do my best! All of the staff are super friendly and really want you to excel. For my course we have had events for careers after as there is a big focus on future employment here at DMU! I have made some great friends and the facilities for masters students are amazing. There is a lot of library support and classes are a lot smaller so there is better engagement with the academic team. It feels like a much more personal approach.

DMU has a wide range of masters degrees and if you want to find out more about a specific course look on our website or email us on [email protected].

Feel free to reach out and ask more questions! I hope this helps 😁

Hannah 🐄
De Montfort University Student Rep
Msc Psychological Wellbeing 🧠

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending