The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Disappointed in CAS team

I received an unconditional offer letter to study MSc Cybersecurity at UWE Bristol more than 20 days ago and was so excited about my offer. As a prospective international student, I had already completed the CAS assessment tasks and paid the tuition deposit. I thought that I would be getting my CAS in max 10 days as stated on the website and by the admissions team. However, I am still waiting after 21 days. I emailed the CAS team several times, tried to call the Immigration Advice service 2-3 times, but I received absolutely zero response from any. No one picked up the phone nor replied via email. I am completely lost. I do not know why this is taking so long. I chatted with the admissions team via live chat but again they are not part of the CAS team and cannot give me an update on my CAS. If I don't get it by end of this week, I fear that my visa won't be processed in time and I will be late for my course. I am extremely worried and so stressed out that I don't feel like going anymore. I understand that delays can occur but they could have at least communicated, even once, to give me an update on the situation. The CAS team automated email states that a response will be given in 72 hours, but 14 days have passed since my first email and zero response from them. I do not know what to do and I am terribly disappointed.
Reply 1
How about you right now? I have the same problem too
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Did they ever get back to you? I have an offer from UWE, and I still didn't even apply for the visa. I am too afraid it'll be too late to get it.
Reply 3
Original post by Tabula Rasa
Did they ever get back to you? I have an offer from UWE, and I still didn't even apply for the visa. I am too afraid it'll be too late to get it.

(Original post by Tabula Rasa)

I have contacted my agent and the representative of HK to fix the problems for me😭😭 . The cas team seldom reply email... I wish I can get the cas no. next week then make an appointment with British Council by the beginning of Sep
Reply 4
By any chance do you know the deadline to submit CAS? Also I have been rejected by Australian visit visa, can someone tell me whether this affects as I already made the deposit
Original post by Xxxbsbsb828
By any chance do you know the deadline to submit CAS? Also I have been rejected by Australian visit visa, can someone tell me whether this affects as I already made the deposit

Hi Xxxbsbsb828

I'm not sure if you've applied to UWE Bristol to study, if you have please email [email protected] with any questions and they will be able to help.

If you haven't applied to UWE Bristol here are some links to government guides that may help;

https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/course

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/confirmation-of-acceptance-for-studies-cas-sms-user-manual.

All the best.

Martin
Reply 6
Original post by UWE Official Rep
Hi Xxxbsbsb828

I'm not sure if you've applied to UWE Bristol to study, if you have please email [email protected] with any questions and they will be able to help.

If you haven't applied to UWE Bristol here are some links to government guides that may help;

https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/course

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/confirmation-of-acceptance-for-studies-cas-sms-user-manual.

All the best.

Martin

Thanks for the information Martin. I applied to UWE Bristol and received an unconditional offer. This question regarding previous visa refusal never came in my application but now that I’m filling the CAS application they’re asking and mentioning directly that they’re not applying visa rejected students. I have made my deposit and want to confirm further regarding this because in my case it was Australian visit visa and I really hope university will consider me without just directly rejecting my application. Since the deadlines have reached for universities I don’t have time to switch to a different university either. Thank you once again for the reply. Appreciate it and hope you have a great day
Reply 7
Does anyone know the instances where UWE has issued the CAS despite of previous non UK visa refusal. In case if they reject, will the deposit get refunded?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending