The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath bus ticket

I have seen that you can get a bus ticket if you attend bath uni, at a reduced price. I want to know how far you can travel with that bus ticket (into Bristol perhaps) and is unlimited travel for 9 months, or is it like 1 return journey per day? Thanks for the help.
Hi Mscully18!

In terms of the Bath Uni Year bus tickets, they cover travel anywhere in the Bath fare zone using the U1 which goes to campus, and various other buses that travel in that zone, and this is unlimited :smile:. However, unfortunately Bristol city is not in the Bath zone, it is in the Bristol zone so is not covered by the Uni Year ticket. So, as a student to get from Bath bus station to Bristol and back, you would need a West of England zone ticket separately, which covers both Bath and Bristol. At the moment this costs just under £4 - this is still pretty good value if you will only be going to Bristol once per week or fortnight. In terms of how far you can go, you can take a look at what the Bath zone covers here; and compare this to what the West of England Zone covers here. Be sure to keep checking the First Bus website for any updates on this, as it does change occasionally.

I appreciate it is a little complicated! I hope it helps, please post any more questions here or chat to our ambassadors on Unibuddy!

Holly
University of Bath
(edited 11 months ago)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by University of Bath
Hi Mscully18!

In terms of the Bath Uni Year bus tickets, they cover travel anywhere in the Bath fare zone using the U1 which goes to campus, and various other buses that travel in that zone, and this is unlimited :smile:. However, unfortunately Bristol city is not in the Bath zone, it is in the Bristol zone so is not covered by the Uni Year ticket. So, as a student to get from Bath bus station to Bristol and back, you would need a West of England zone ticket separately, which covers both Bath and Bristol. At the moment this costs just under £4 - this is still pretty good value if you will only be going to Bristol once per week or fortnight. In terms of how far you can go, you can take a look at what the Bath zone covers here; and compare this to what the West of England Zone covers here. Be sure to keep checking the First Bus website for any updates on this, as it does change occasionally.

I appreciate it is a little complicated! I hope it helps, please post any more questions here or chat to our ambassadors on Unibuddy!

Holly
University of Bath

Thanks very much for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest