The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE "send the shoes you'd wear to an interview" portfolio question

so i'm applying to the graphic design course at UWE and one of the tasks is to send what shoes you'd wear to an interview. this may sound really silly but what are they achieving by asking everyone this LMAO am i supposed to show that i can dress appropriately to an interview? are they trying to see my personality through my shoes? am i supposed to provide an explanation? idk what to do someone help
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by naerokathgor
so i'm applying to the graphic design course at UWE and one of the tasks is to send what shoes you'd wear to an interview. this may sound really silly but what are they achieving by asking everyone this LMAO am i supposed to show that i can dress appropriately to an interview? are they trying to see my personality through my shoes? am i supposed to provide an explanation? idk what to do someone help

I know this might be a bit late and honestly I was so unsure at first, however I would just say make it most personal to you. As much as it is a university and they want you to be professional, I think what they want to see more is how you can express yourself or an idea you want to portray with something as simple as a pair of shoes.

I'd say do something like take a photo of a pair of cultural shoes or typical to the area you live in, or doodle something on an old pair of shoes to show your personality thorugh what you wear and not only what you say.

Be creative!
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
I would suggest that they are looking for a creative response. Ask ChatGPT what quirky shoes a Graphic Designer would wear!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending