The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Loz17
Mines a clearing story. Insurance didn't want me either :p: I do love my uni and my course though so clearing isn't always that bad!

Pharmacy for both, Reading and Herts were my firm and insurance respectively. I'm doing Forensic Chemistry now though and I do enjoy it, but some modules really do my head in.

Wow, Forensic Chemistry sounds interesting. A shame I dislike chemistry quite a lot now; dropped it after AS, couldn't quite hack the step up :tongue:
Reply 1581
Original post by Loz17
Yep. Oh well. Was for Pharmacy at Reading.

Ouch, rather harsh.
Right I'm also off to bed now, enjoy the rest of your evening everyone :sexface:
Reply 1583
2 weeks time everyone! I'm nervous
Reply 1584
Original post by Loz17
Yep. Missed my offer by 1 UMS and they never took me. Now 2/3rds though a different degree though :h:

It's not the end of the world, basically but it is annoying!

Did you not try a re-mark?
Reply 1585
Greetings everybody. :u:
Annoying start to the evening, but it got better. :gah:
Reply 1586
Original post by faithxfaye
2 weeks time everyone! I'm nervous

Less than 2 weeks. :eek:
Original post by . .
Did you not try a re-mark?

I didn't think it was worth it and at the time I didn't have the money spare for one. I can't remember if uni's were inclined to wait for remarks back then either. I know that's the case now, however.
Reply 1588
Original post by Loz17
I didn't think it was worth it and at the time I didn't have the money spare for one. I can't remember if uni's were inclined to wait for remarks back then either. I know that's the case now, however.

I see but at least it all worked out for the best. :biggrin:

That reminds me need to check up on remark fees for AQA (incompetent idiots).
Reply 1589
Original post by . .
Less than 2 weeks. :eek:

If i dont get into University, i will feel as if I've let my dad and famiily down :frown:
Reply 1590
If i dont get into University, i will feel as if I've let my dad and famiily down :frown:

You're not going to university for them. You're going for yourself who cares what others think as long as you've tried your best nobody should have the right to make you feel bad.
Reply 1591

Same, i have to call my parents (who will be on holiday) and explain to them the dreaded situation.
Original post by Arva
Greetings everybody. :u:
Annoying start to the evening, but it got better. :gah:

Dude, I remember you from some of the maths exams forums while they were going on...

Just wondering if you're applying to do maths at uni?
Reply 1593
I just don't want to retake anything again, retaking is a bitch.
Reply 1594
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
Dude, I remember you from some of the maths exams forums while they were going on...

Just wondering if you're applying to do maths at uni?

:five: I remember you too! I really enjoyed laTexing solutions and helping people there, I'm strange like that. :tongue:

Nope, applying for Economics. Yourself?
Reply 1595
Original post by Jakeeyy

:eek: Missed leg day today, the gym closed early for some reason. :rant: :rant:
Original post by Arva
:five: I remember you too! I really enjoyed laTexing solutions and helping people there, I'm strange like that. :tongue:

Nope, applying for Economics. Yourself?

Nah that's not strange, it seems v. helpful in fact!
I was just always too lazy to try beat any of you guys to it, there were some intense races to help people out haha..

ahhh that's cool, was just wondering what prep people applying for maths are doing, because i'm all out of motivation this holiday..

Where you applying to?
Reply 1597
Original post by . .
You're not going to university for them. You're going for yourself who cares what others think as long as you've tried your best nobody should have the right to make you feel bad.

I know but its been my family who have supported me and have belief in me which makes me feel like i will disappoint them :L I agree that ive tried my best though the exam question for politics really let me down
Original post by kinglemon
oh my bad ha
Na Can't get it off my mind even if i'm not TSR its like a constant reminder in my mind never goes XD

I know, but TSR = even more thinking about it! :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
Reply 1599
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
Nah that's not strange, it seems v. helpful in fact!
I was just always too lazy to try beat any of you guys to it, there were some intense races to help people out haha..

ahhh that's cool, was just wondering what prep people applying for maths are doing, because i'm all out of motivation this holiday..

Where you applying to?

If I get A*aa in my results I'll be applying to Oxford, LSE, UCL, Bristol and one other (haven't decided yet).

Latest