-Arshavin vs Barca
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
IN
Original post by Koolio
Hashtags on TSR. A big no no.

Couldn't care less, everyone knows what it means. #COYG
(edited 11 years ago)
Its clear that Arsene wenger is planning to change our style of play to a more direct one. Giroud, carzola and podoloski are not the most technical players but they make a lot of runs and their style of play is more direct. Maybe this will bring us back to our winning ways like the invincibles but I'm worried about the fact that we still don't have a player who can retain the ball and supply killer passes from the attacking midfield position a la Fabregas.
EDIT
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 31

:moon:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Bear_Grylls
your wish is my command, anything you want in just let me know

Try and put that Fabregas goal against Milan at the San Siro. A truly epic moment.
Original post by word2yamother
Its clear that Arsene wenger is planning to change our style of play to a more direct one. Giroud, carzola and podoloski are not the most technical players but they make a lot of runs and their style of play is more direct. Maybe this will bring us back to our winning ways like the invincibles but I'm worried about the fact that we still don't have a player who can retain the ball and supply killer passes from the attacking midfield position a la Fabregas.

Bingo. Being thinking this for a while. Arsene Wenger 101 involves 2 hardworking CMs with most of the attacking in rapid attacks from the flanks. Players like Podolski/Walcott/Gervinho/Cazorla were born to play this way. AFC are going to be much less about possession this season and much more about getting the ball in the box in 2 or 3 passes like the vintage Wenger sides of old.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 34
In.

Original post by Zürich
Bingo. Being thinking this for a while. Arsene Wenger 101 involves 2 hardworking CMs with most of the attacking in rapid attacks from the flanks. Players like Podolski/Walcott/Gervinho/Cazorla were born to play this way. AFC are going to be much less about possession this season and much more about getting the ball in the box in 2 or 3 passes like the vintage Wenger sides of old.

So more counter attacking, thought he'll never change his style of play.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
In
Original post by jam277
In.

So more counter attacking, thought he'll never change his style of play.

Wenger changes the style relatively often. The possession game that Arsenal are famous for was taken to extremes around 2007 but counter attacking football was synonymous with Arsenal before then.
Reply 37
In

Reply 38
Original post by Zürich
Wenger changes the style relatively often. The possession game that Arsenal are famous for was taken to extremes around 2007 but counter attacking football was synonymous with Arsenal before then.

I remember a commentator saying that people score from corners against arsenal nowadays but back in the days they used to be scared because ten seconds later it'll be in the back of their net. I didn't really watch arsenal before 08 so don't know too much about how they used to play.

Would you rather watch your team play possession football or to play counter attacking football?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
WHAT NO?! It was always my dream to start the new Arsenal thread. Why do you think I became a moderator? :moon:

Anyway, subbed. Lack of football is making me cranky though.

Latest