The Student Room Group

Gay?

Hey since the begining of this year i've been really good friends wit this guy, i would even go so far as to say hes one of my best friends. Hes a complete joker, and always jokes about bumming him other friends etc and everyone finds it hilarious, and his impressions of gay men are hilarious :p: The thing is this has been a running joke for absolutly ages now, and i honestly think hes really gay. I was speaking to his best guy mate about it, who was saying he should just come out as none of there group would think about him any differently and it would stop the annoying gay piss take.

However another 'running' joke is how he 'loves me'. Its really unnerving and i never know what to do or say. He often asks me if i love him back (jokingly) and i of course say no :p: Last week we were on the way to school and he asked me who i like (no one) and i asked him, and he said well you obviously:eek: . Thing is everything he says its always in a jokey way. He also asked me if i would go out with him (not a question, just would i ever), i was like naaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Now im very very confused. Is he gay and supressing it? I really like this guy as a friend hes so funny and dont want him to like me grrrrr!!

He jokes around so much if i ever asked him if he was gay, hed either say 'of course dharliiiing' or 'hell no i love you, dur'

*confused*
Reply 1
could be either he is gay and is trying to joke it off or that he isn't and is just a joker.... doesn't really matter either way.... i expect he's just joking around
Reply 2
Its a distinct possibility. :smile:.
Reply 3
Well that's a tricky situation. I say flirt.

If possible, play a weird drunken game that involves you having to kiss him... see what happens... could awaken something.
Reply 4
yeh i agree with Zoecb seriously, you obv have no prob with his sexuality so perhaps try if you dont want it to get as far as you poss having to kiss him, just get him drunk try to find out stuff about him, are there any actual gay guys in your yr, u could bring them in on your plan.

or u could just be serious with him, if he starts joking about it, just stare at him and dont laugh, he should get the message, and ask him seriously do it in private though
Reply 5
If you arent then get yourself a girlfriend. He might get the idea then.
Reply 6
This is probably a stupid question, but do you fancy him?

Honestly, no. Hence the kissing him is out of the option, hes my friend, how weird would that be!

If you arent then get yourself a girlfriend. He might get the idea then.

Huh? i'm a girl, how would looking lesbian sort anything out!?

I have tried asking him deadly seriously, but he just gives the same response (loving me, or being blatenly camp). Its so ruddy annoying i wish he wouls just stop messing around and be serious for once!
i think he could just be joking, I had a couple of years of doing "gay" jokes..im quite camp, but not homosexual...i just used it as a comedy device...like act over camp.

I also still have a long running "innuedo" thing with my best freind and were both nearly 19 (quite immature i know)

an example is on msn if one says he's tired and is off to bed, the other will say "thats cos i wore you out last night" with the tounge out smiley...

this doesnt happen all the time, just occasionaly when we are in a daft mood.

neither has feelings like that for each other, thats why the humour is acceptable, because ive known this person all of my life, and neither of us would ever be gay with each other, because it would be like incest for starters (as we've known each other so long)
Reply 8
you're a girl? from your post i was adamant you were a guy!!! lol
Reply 9
~the_one~

Huh? i'm a girl, how would looking lesbian sort anything out!?

Sorry ive been up to my neck in maths revision and wasnt really paying attention, but if you did pretend to be a lesbian and he STILL did it then that would indicate that the references to loving you were just him being friendly...

Flawless logic...
sebbie

I thought that to!

to the orginal poster...

i'd not force the issue, as if he is gay it might upset him...

but if he's being annoying, id maybe respond to him in one word answers, look fed up etc and maybe go "cani have some peace today" or "change the record" and he will get the message and do his "humour" more in moderation.

hope that helps
Hes not Gay... hes messing around i know many of that type.
Reply 12
~the_one~
Honestly, no. Hence the kissing him is out of the option, he's my friend, how weird would that be!

Well if you don't fancy him then what's the problem? Just curious?
~the_one~

Huh? i'm a girl

O...just from the nature of the post i presumed you were a boy! As i think everyone did!

From the way it sounds, he's into you :cool:
Reply 14
Rooftopcowboy
I thought that to!

Seems it wasnt just me...Lol.
sebbie

I'm another one who thought that.

I've had to go back and re-read the whole first post again now thinking of it in a different way.

I'd now say there isn't really anything to worry about. If the guy is gay, it doesn't really bother you and he won't actually like you in that way, so all the better. If he isn't gay, you've made it clear to him you aren't interested. That won't stop him liking you if he does, but it proves he still wants to be friends with you as he's stayed around even after it appears you've said no to him several times.

You seem to be really good mates so don't let anything spoil it.
Just enjoy his friendship for now, you never know in a friendship when one person is going to move away/grow apart. Just make the most of what you have now without worrying about all these things:smile:
Reply 16
yeh i thought you were a guy too, ohh that makes it even easier to see if hes gay, jsut try and pull him lol, even if you dont want to
Reply 17
Oh sorry about that, should of made my gender clear!!

I cant pull him, hes just a friend, i mean i dont go round pulling my girl mates just because there friends? It would be weird. This gay joking is almost 24/7 i just wish if he was he wouls just come out none of his guy mates give a toss, and already think hes gay so its all cool with them.

I think i'll just ignore the gayness/and loving me...i'll just conc on being there for him, i guess its his choice if he comes out or not!
Reply 18
~the_one~
I mean I don't go round pulling my girl mates just because they're friends? It would be weird.

Lol, I do... :p:
Reply 19
That is exactly how I came out, so I think it's quite probable he is gay

Latest

Trending

Trending