The Student Room Group

Quitting university

I have just completed my first year of university and received an okay mark. I was on a year abroad programme and have subsequently been removed because I was less then 1% away from the mark needed to remain on it. This has really upset me and has made me feel like a failure, I've wanted to do this course since I was doing my GCSE's and everyone knew this. I've tried to make contact with my advisor about the issue several times and received no reply. To add to my upset I've been told two of modules next year will clash (even though I picked them from different teaching blocks) so need to change one. This is something I just can't do as they are the two modules I'm most passionate about and are pre-requisites for the third year modules I was hoping to take. This has made me think what's the point of continuing uni if I can't go abroad like I wanted or do the modules I want because it'd be a waste of money. The uni offers no advice or support and I just don't see the point in continuing but I can't see myself doing anything else, I was even hoping to go onto a phd after graduating.
why dont you finish your degree and pick a masters than you are passionate about/ and also then you can do 3 years of what you are passionate about(phd)

although i seriously would consider why you didint get the 1%

did you work hard or was it because you spent to much time away from studying
Reply 2
I feel I worked hard, I barely left my room during exam term because I was constantly revising and everytime my friends went out I always declined.
I think I stressed myself out too much that's why I fell short of my potential because all my coursework grades averaged a first but my exam marks pulled all these down.
I thought that to do a masters/ phd you had to have already studied the topic whilst you were an undergrad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending