Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Anyone in Coales? 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by TheGoat
Yeah that's what I was thinking too :tongue: I'll may just get a passport instead of one of those though.

And yeah that sounds good :tongue:

edit: I'm moving in on Saturday, 2pm - 4pm (to those who are interested :tongue:)

I'm definatly going to try and get a passport at some point. But if these do work and for only £12 I think its a good enough buy to placate my current lack in ID untill i can afford to renew the ol' passport.

Just a word of warning on your arrival time. Be prepared to be glomped and have fudge stuffed in your face :P
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by LilyLeaf
Not at all boring! It's really useful information! :3
I'm surprised about what you said about passports not being accepted though. Surely if its in date and clearly a photo of you then you should be allowed in (though what you said about racism can be true, I recall another friend who is part danish almost being rejected from a pub because she had a Danish passport, that was until someone kindly pointed out to the bouncer that firstly it was valid and that he clearly couldn't do his job properly if they didn't know of international passports : /)
That only leaves licenses as something that will always allow you in. But theres no point getting a provisional at this point in my life, I can't afford to learn how to drive or the test.

Speaking to the friend that has one though she has reassured me that most of the time it has worked. So I might invest in one while saving for a new passport.

Referring to the bit in bold, what I meant with that is that in the end it is the bouncers decision to let you in or not. Even if you have a passport the bouncer can still say no because it's to busy inside or for what ever other personal reason he has. So it that sense, a passport doesn't guarantee you entry and I'm just speaking in very general terms not as if the bouncers are like this at herts :P
You know what it might be worth talking to some of the security staff walking around and just ask if they accept them? They are the ones who are there with parties as well so they should be able to tell you! Like you said, it might be worth, if you have some money spare, to get it for £15 whilst saving up for a passport. If you just keep it in your wallet you can always use it for back up as well I guess :tongue:

Hope everything went/goes well with moving in!! :biggrin:
Reply 62
Original post by LilyLeaf
I'm definatly going to try and get a passport at some point. But if these do work and for only £12 I think its a good enough buy to placate my current lack in ID untill i can afford to renew the ol' passport.

Just a word of warning on your arrival time. Be prepared to be glomped and have fudge stuffed in your face :P

Hahah I'll look a mess when I arrive anyway, bringing the family and girlfriend with me and they'll be crying, which means I'll be crying :rolleyes:

You'll be the first person I look for though :P

What's your name?:confused:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending