The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Simple as this, use a driving lisence full or provis for ID

And your NUS for free cheeseburgers
Reply 21
True, but its not that common. But yeah i still think if it isn't phot idea with your DOB on then they shouldn't have to accept it. I'm pretty sure my SHU card doesn't have my DOB on, hence why i rarely use it as ID.

Yes, but some NUS cards do have photo ID and DOB. Mine does. But yes, as proven, what's on the card isn't always true. That's the problem.

I'd just feel a bit cheated if I didn't need a passport or driving license to pay that amount of money just for ID. I suppose the citizens card is a good idea, but I'd never heard of that until now. Worth checking out, even if it is just to replace taking an important document around in your bag.
Reply 22
The NUS is useless.
xXMessedUpXx
True, but its not that common. But yeah i still think if it isn't phot idea with your DOB on then they shouldn't have to accept it. I'm pretty sure my SHU card doesn't have my DOB on, hence why i rarely use it as ID.

It is! Ever been to a Scottish student town...? A good number of seventeen year olds :biggrin:

bleeper: Yeah, people fake IDs. But NUS is really really easy to fake. I also know of four seventeen year olds at my uni, and I'm sure that there are many more than that. Like I said, it's even more common in Scottish unis. It's not like you can't go to uni before 18. Lots of people skip a year, take exams early, etc.
Reply 24
Ive got a NUS card and I didnt know you could get free cheeseburgers?
Reply 25
Navajo
Simple as this, use a driving lisence full or provis for ID

just as a random comment, i was in carphone warehouse and they asked for ID, showed my provisional licence and was told it had to be a full one :eek: how unfair, its not my fault i cant drive :mad:
Reply 26
bouncy
just as a random comment, i was in carphone warehouse and they asked for ID, showed my provisional licence and was told it had to be a full one :eek: how unfair, its not my fault i cant drive :mad:

You cant be serious?! :rofl:
Reply 27
Nope, thats why i was so sodding mad. :frown:

wait, or are you laughing at the fact i cant drive? :wink:
Reply 28
bouncy
Nope, thats why i was so sodding mad. :frown:

wait, or are you laughing at the fact i cant drive? :wink:

Maybe :biggrin:

But in all sersiouness, CPW are really stupid if they dont accept a provisional.
Reply 29
i know, and their service in general was awful too! :rolleyes:
hollywollydoodle
it is silly that its not a proof of age card but yeah, its only proof you are a student. it is annoying like the time 4 of my friends and i went to threshers and only 3 of us were buying stuff but our other friends were in the shop with us and they wanted I.D from all of us. my friend who was 20 didnt have her id but the rest of us did, but she had her nus/uni id card but they would serve us. was v.annoying, especially as she wasnt even buying any. ok rant over lol

Thats actually out of order. They should only ask for ID of the people purchasing the alcohol.
Reply 31
calderstonesLFC
Thats actually out of order. They should only ask for ID of the people purchasing the alcohol.

Unless they think that your buying it for other people under 18 then they can id all of you.
Reply 32
bleeper
i can understand that, however i remember the people who distribute the NUS card where saying thqat it could be used as ID.

They were right, it CAN be used for ID, but NOT proof of age.
Reply 33
Not entirely useless, as the free McFlurry it provided me with today proves.

Latest

Trending

Trending