The Student Room Group

Travelling everyday?

Right i recieved an offer from LSOP (london school of pharmacy). What i was wondering was what its like to travel by train to london everyday because obviously if i went i would travel everyday as i only live in essex and is easy by train. But i'm unsure if i'd meet people seeing as i would not be living at uni. So what do people find who travel up to london everyday?
Reply 1
Anyone???
If it's anything like Kings, then most of your fellow students will live in and around London at home and commute anyway. One of my friends used to live in Ilford and commuted. My wife work works in the City has colleagues that commute from Southend, Romford, etc. by train everyday - it doesn't take that long really and obviously a lot cheaper living at home or outside central London.
Reply 3
I commuted over 1.5 hours to college everyday for 2 years. It takes a little while to get used to it (the travelling is exhausting) but my friend who has been commuting to uni in London has found that she has really missed out on 'the uni experience'. Ie, she can't stay out late and get hammered with her friends because she has to get the train home. Not to mention the cost of travelling can take a huge proportion of your loans/grants etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending