The Student Room Group

Should I take this apprenticeship?

I interviewed for an accounting apprenticeship two days ago and it seems like a great job however if they offered me it, it would be a hassle to get there, as I don't drive so it would take me a train and a bus (potentially 2 buses) to get there everyday. Should I hold off and wait for more apprenticeships that will be in the city I live near and a lot easier to get to?
Reply 1
I guess it depends how long it's going to take you to commute. I appreciate that it's not ideal but would it be manageable or totally impractical? Would it be possible to do the travelling until you learn to drive?
Do you think there will be many / any similar opportunities closer to home?
Original post by Lostfishh
I interviewed for an accounting apprenticeship two days ago and it seems like a great job however if they offered me it, it would be a hassle to get there, as I don't drive so it would take me a train and a bus (potentially 2 buses) to get there everyday. Should I hold off and wait for more apprenticeships that will be in the city I live near and a lot easier to get to?

Hi @Lostfishh,

I understand the predicament that you're in. Commuting that much everyday would be pretty exhausting, and time-consuming. You also need to consider the costs of your commutes throughout your entire apprenticeship. If you feel confident that securing another apprenticeship close to home will be easy, then there should be no harm in waiting. However, if you reckon that it's more of a 50/50 situation then I perhaps you could reconsider taking up your current offer? Apprenticeships would add a valuable experience to your CV and just a valuable opportunity to learn from in general.

Obviously, there is no rush and you should always prioritise your wellbeing before you take up on the opportunity. Have you seek advice from your caregivers or any friends to get their opinion on the situation?

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending