The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

St Peters Court, Riverside Point or Opal 1

Hi,
Im going to the university of Nottingham to do a PG diploma in psychology. I am undecided about accommodation, I think i have narrowed it down to St peters court, riverside point and opal 1, has anyone had any experience of these. Iv never been to nottingham and dont have a clue which one to pick. Thanks.
Reply 1
It's entirely up to you and what you want out of accommodation. Riverside is closest to UP so if a 20-30 minute walk bothers you then go for that. Opal and SPC are practically next to each other and are probably slightly closer to the city centre than Riverside is. SPC also has a bus included in the rent which goes between the city centre, SPC and the campuses. It really does depend on what you want though because, at the end of the day, halls are halls and they'll be pretty similar to one another on the inside.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply, I've seen a bad review on this about opal. And about how there are a lot of hiden charges, and poor appliances,have u had experience of living there or a friend who has?? I think opal suits me because of the size of ye rooms for friends to stay with me when they visit as I am not a GB student. The thing about riverside is the process of picking my room, at the minute there is only rooms with 1st and 2 nd years available, and it doesn't have a gym included. How far of a walk is opal from UP would you know?
Reply 3
Original post by notts1st
Thanks for your reply, I've seen a bad review on this about opal. And about how there are a lot of hiden charges, and poor appliances,have u had experience of living there or a friend who has?? I think opal suits me because of the size of ye rooms for friends to stay with me when they visit as I am not a GB student. The thing about riverside is the process of picking my room, at the minute there is only rooms with 1st and 2 nd years available, and it doesn't have a gym included. How far of a walk is opal from UP would you know?

Getting from Opal to UP is quicker by the Hopper Bus from Jubilee. It's about 5 minutes walk from Opal to Jubilee, then 5-10 minutes on the Hopper Bus to UP, depending where you want to be on the campus. It runs from about 8am-11pm Mon-Fri and 9am-7pm on Saturdays :smile:

Is there a particular reason you'd rather not live with/near 1st/2nd years?
Reply 4
The only reason really is that I'm a PG and having lived on campus for my undergrad I know that 1 st and 2nd year is almost centred around going out at night, and I dont want to be the boring flat mate that can't keep up. Thanks for ur feed back about the distance. Do u know does opal1 house people with others in similar courses, I'm not from England and I'm going on my own so I'm a bit nervous!
Reply 5
Ignore the negative comments you read about Opal...it was written by somebody who makes a lot of claims and statements and is usually completely wrong. I'm not saying Opal is great or anything, I'm just saying you should discredit what that member said.
Anywhere but opal!!
Reply 7
Original post by Subcutaneous
Anywhere but opal!!

Why do you say that, I'm really unsure where to pick, ur thoughts or experiences are really appreciated. Thanks
Original post by notts1st
The only reason really is that I'm a PG and having lived on campus for my undergrad I know that 1 st and 2nd year is almost centred around going out at night, and I dont want to be the boring flat mate that can't keep up. Thanks for ur feed back about the distance. Do u know does opal1 house people with others in similar courses, I'm not from England and I'm going on my own so I'm a bit nervous!

Based on what youve said here

I wouldnt go for St Peters Court as I dont know many PG students staying there, despite it being a lovely place (good facilities, unite bus, ensuite).

I would suggest Opal for you as the rooms are a big/reasonable size and theres a mixed bag of students non-GB and GB all different years so you should be happy here.

I dont know much about Riverside point but I can only suggest it based on location as its near Derby Road meaning youll b closer to UP.

(Although out of the three Opal is the most expensive)
Hey peoplee, iam starting my undergrad next year at nottingham uni, and have got a bit late whilst applying for accomodation. I have both riverside point and St peters court available at this point, and am doubting whoch one to apply. Though riverside is closer to university park, my concern is it might not have as many first year students as St peters court. I'm unsure about which one to apply for, so would really really appreciate any help possile please !!! Thanks :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending