The Student Room Group

Which Myers-Brigg personality type are you? POLL

Poll

Which Myers-Brigg personality type are you?

I thought it might be interesting to see the most common personality types of TSR users - I'm an INTJ.

Do you think these tests are reflective of your personality or not?
Personally, my 'type' seems to describe my personality very well.

You can take the personality test here: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Edit: at 100 responses, these are the results;

ISTJ 2 2.00%
ISFJ 4 4.00%
INFJ 13 13.00%
INTJ 30 30.00%
ISTP 2 2.00%
ISFP 2 2.00%
INFP 4 4.00%
INTP 12 12.00%
ESTP 0 0%
ESFP 1 1.00%
ENFP 3 3.00%
ENTP 3 3.00%
ESTJ 1 1.00%
ESFJ 5 5.00%
ENFJ 1 1.00%
ENTJ 17 17.00%

Somewhat oddly (though perhaps not surprising considering this is TSR) there is a vastly disproportionate INTJ population - across the general population, one would only expect 4% to be INTJs.

It's also rather odd that there have been no ESTPs so far, despite this group accounting for up to 10% of the general population.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ENTJ. I've done this test a lot over the years, and I've always gotten ENTJ. I have mixed feelings about it...nearly all the famous ENTJs are people I really, really dislike.

Best I can hope for is that I use my ENTJ personality for good :p:
Reply 2
ENFP. I think I've gotten this before as well, glad to know it's consistent xD Slightly concerned at "You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)"... that sort of makes me feel like I'm stupid. Apparently I'm soft hearted and procrastinate a lot, which are definitely true...

But, Oprah Winfrey, Bill Cosby and Mark Twain are also in my category... so I'm quite pleased with that :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Democracy
ENTJ. I've done this test a lot over the years, and I've always gotten ENTJ. I have mixed feelings about it...nearly all the famous ENTJs are people I really, really dislike.

Best I can hope for is that I use my ENTJ personality for good :p:

I find that I admire a lot of INTJs, but was mildly horrified to find John Maynard Keynes in more than one list.

Still, at least it wasn't Hitler.
Reply 4
Apparently I'm an ENTP. The description of this personality type isn't fitting for me at all...maybe I didn't read the questions properly.
(edited 11 years ago)
You have distinctive preference of Extraversion over Introversion (67%)

Sounds about right.

EDIT:

After fully reading the description of the ESFJ profile...

Fictional ESFJs:

Babbitt (Sinclair Lewis)
Hoss Cartwright (Bonanza)
Leonard "Bones" McCoy (Star Trek)
Monica (Friends)
Haleh (ER)
Mrs. Molly Weasley (Harry Potter)
Donald Duck

Rabbit (Winnie the Pooh)

:rofl2: definitely sounds about right.
(edited 11 years ago)
Im an INTJ - taken the test three times to make sure. Very refelective of who I am. Apparently its the rarest one of the 16 ?
ENTJ
Trump, Churchill, Griffin,Vader,Cartman,Sauron,Hitler,Thatcher.
I can handle that.
Cocky, arrogant, reem, yolo, rich, famous, gangster, badman, pussy magnet, one of a kind.
Original post by iLikeCupcakes
Im an INTJ - taken the test three times to make sure. Very refelective of who I am. Apparently its the rarest one of the 16 ?

I think INTP is slightly more rare.

I've heard that INTJs are 2-4% of the population and INTPs are 1-3%.

Different sources tend to have different results, however. It's certainly fair to say that both are quite rare, though, regardless of which is least frequent - it's only a 1% difference between the two.
Reply 10
Original post by Samuel Brennan
ENTJ
Trump, Churchill, Griffin,Vader,Cartman,Sauron,Hitler,Thatcher.
I can handle that.

Peter or Nick?
ENFP

Extravert(100%) iNtuitive(38%) Feeling(12%) Perceiving(22)%

Well that really is very extravert :erm:
INFP and with this roll call:

Isabel Myers, Diana, Princess of Wales, Albert Camus, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Søren Kierkegaard, Homer, C.S. Lewis, Hans Christian Andersen, William Shakespeare, John Milton, William Blake, Edgar Allan Poe, Virginia Woolf, Sylvia Plath, George Orwell, John Lennon, Andy Warhol, Vincent Van Gogh, Tim Burton, David Lynch, Antoine de Saint Exupery, A.A. Milne, J.D. Salinger, Bill Watterson, J.K. Rowling, Margaret Mead, Bill Bryson, Jeff Mangum, Johnny Depp

I'm pretty happy.
Reply 14
I came out as INTJ just now, 1% J over P, and I've come out as INTP in the past but then I think I may have developed in a slightly different direction since then or at least come to think of myself slightly differently. Still, 1% doesn't say much. So I dunno. I'm either INTP or INTJ. Right now I'm INTJ. :p:
ENTJ

Extravert(22%) iNtuitive(38%) iNtuitive Thinking(50%) Judging(67%)

Not bad for a simple test.
Reply 16
INTP - Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving

Get it all the time, think it's 100% accurate

Other INTPs!

Sir Isaac Newton
Albert Einstein
Charles Darwin
Garry Kasparov
Marie Curie
Jimmy Wales
Reply 17
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
I thought it might be interesting to see the most common personality types of TSR users - I'm an INTJ.

Do you think these tests are reflective of your personality or not?
Personally, my 'type' seems to describe my personality very well.

You can take the personality test here: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

I've done this test numerous times and always come out INTJ. I think some of it describes me well whilst some does not. I do have difficulty expressing myself, it's just not who I am and I think people do misunderstand me a lot of the time because of it. I've always loved the part about being a natural leader. I spend most of the time in the background simply because I don't deem it necessary if someone else is doing a good job; when I consider myself needed I pipe up quite strongly and take control. It's great to find explanations to some of the behaviour I portray.
Reply 18
ENTJ, I guess. I thought I was more introvert tbh

EDIT: Had a few missing, went back and now I've gone to INTJ by a small percentage.

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)
(edited 11 years ago)
INTJ for me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending